Comics (possible spoilers)

Barnes & Noble has some decent TPBs & HCs in the bargain section again.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Bargain-Graphic-Novels/379000104/?cds2Pid=16757&linkid=1586062

I just bought all of these for $57.94 total.

Silver Surfer: Requiem

Wolverine: Origins, Volume 2: Savior

New Avengers, Volume 5: Civil War

New Avengers, Volume 7: The Trust

New Avengers, Volume 8: Secret Invasion, Book 1

New Avengers, Volume 9: Secret Invasion, Book 2

Wolverine: Weapon X

Lone Wolf 2100, Volume 1: Shadows on Saplings

Newuniversal: Everything Went White

Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Volume 1 HC

Uncanny X-Men: Lovelorn

Marvel Zombies

Once again, thanks a lot for the info!

I could only get 7 books (I had more than 15 in my cart) because I'm going to Europe and shipping is killing me, but good deals anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about picking up the Morrison Batman & Robin trades. Recommended?

the second trade doesn't come out till november. but i'd recommend the first trade, the first 3 issues were INCREDIBLE. in my opinion the series has been a bit of a letdown after those 3, but overall it's a good series.

I'm thinking about picking up the Morrison Batman & Robin trades. Recommended?

the second trade doesn't come out till november. but i'd recommend the first trade, the first 3 issues were INCREDIBLE. in my opinion the series has been a bit of a letdown after those 3, but overall it's a good series.

How did you not enjoy Batman in England or the build up leading up to issue 12? I can't get enough of the arc. I haven't loved Morrison's work since New X-Men.

How did you not enjoy Batman in England or the build up leading up to issue 12? I can't get enough of the arc. I haven't loved Morrison's work since New X-Men.

it was filled with characters that i had no idea who they were(with little character building), i had trouble following grant's super thick british dialogue, the plot line just seemed out of nowhere and disconnected from everything that came before it. i LOVE cameron stewart's art, but that was the only saving grace of that arc. like i said, overall it's pretty good, but compared to the first 3 issues, everything else has been mediocre.

Hey Kurtz!

Have you read those Thorgal books?

No, I haven't picked any up yet. I'm keeping it in mind to get eventually. Right now my unread pile is way too big so I'm not buying any new TPBs until I read that pile. (buying those B&N bargain books did not help this cause)

Speaking of French comics... Have you ever read Blacksad? Dark Horse is reprinting it in English and it looks like something I should check out.

Hey Kurtz!

No, I haven't picked any up yet. I'm keeping it in mind to get eventually. Right now my unread pile is way too big so I'm not buying any new TPBs until I read that pile. (buying those B&N bargain books did not help this cause)

Speaking of French comics... Have you ever read Blacksad? Dark Horse is reprinting it in English and it looks like something I should check out.

Blacksad is another classic in the Franco-Belge Bande Dessinées (I'm pretty sure it's originally from Italie). There's only 3 volumes so far tough, and we've been waiting for volume 4 for almost 10 years. They are all really excellent, but my personnal favorite is Artic Nation (Volume 2). It's a Polar/Thriller, and altough it's a fairly "classic" intrigue, the tone of the book makes it a great read, and the drawing are just incredible.

You can see a example of a page here on the bedetheque :

http://www.bedetheque.com/serie-500-BD-Blacksad.html

Hey Kurtz!

blacksad is EXCELLENT. you should ABSOLUTELY pick up the dark horse collection. no question about it.

Check out what I got at a local antique/second hand shop today.

[image]

[image]

Paid $1 each for the Daredevils, $2 for Amazing #180, and $1 for Amazing #229. Easily my best score ever when it comes to antique shops, flea markets, thrift stores, etc... Amazing #229 was in that dirty looking bag and board sitting next to it. It looked like shit when I bought it, but when I got home and pulled it out of the bag, it's pretty much a NM copy!

This was the best stuff that they had. They did have some more worth while comics that I will be going back for eventually. They don't take credit cards though and I only had 5 bucks on me, so this is all I could get today.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be addressed in this thread already, but I'm lazy.

I read the first issue of the Runaways for free in the Marvel Comics app on my iPad. I thought it was pretty good, is it worth reading the rest?

I just finished Kick-Ass too, I liked that a lot are there any other things you would recommend similar to that and/or Scott Pilgrim that I might like?

THNX DUDES!

theres a graphic novel that keeps catching my eye whenever i'm at Borders, the killer, i think its french, has anybody read it?

http://www.amazon.com/Killer-1-v/dp/1932386440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276394405&sr=8-1

It's a really great serie. Highly recommeded by Antoine. It's the story of a serial killer, the story is narrated by him, and of course a few things goes wrong. Dont' hesitate my friend. It's also an incredible price! For this price, I wouldn't even be able to get vol 1 of the story (the book in your link contain the first 3 issues).

I have nothing against american comic book, I read a lot of them, but sometime I wish enligsh people would have access to everything I can read in french. I have the best of both world as I can read both english and french.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if any of you guys are into MAD magazine, but The Completely MAD Don Martin is on sale on Barnes & Noble for $20. The normal cover price is $150.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/MADs-Greatest-Artists/Don-Martin/e/9781615573332/?cds2Pid=16757

[image]

I'm glad I passed on buying it when it first came out. Stoked to be getting it now!

Ordered!

Once again, thank you for spotting the deals for us!

I saw with my girlfriend earlier this week a preview for the movie Scott Pilgrim, and we both tought it look really bad for a movie. I knew it was from a comic book, but never read it.

Yesterday at work, they had a sale of Books, DVDs, CDs and comic book for Centraide (kind of la the Red Cross in Québec). I work in a newspaper some twice a year they sell all the thinks that didn't get reviewed for around 2$ each.. Anyway, so I bought all the comics as usual, maybe 16 books, and there was the first volume of Scott Pilgrim. I read it last night and was pleasently surprise! It's not a GREAT book, but it's kinda funny and light and a good quick read. I'm still not sure I want to go see the movie, but I'll definately try to get my hand on the other volume for cheap!