PO SOON: Childish Gambino - ...Awaken, My Love!

45 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Is he really gonna sell out arenas that fast? If so, that's awesome. I remember his old mixtapes from back in like 04? 05ish? I know he's gotten big, but when I saw he was playing Madison Square Garden I was like "Oh word?"

I think this tour is gonna sell out since he rarely plays shows nowadays. If anyone is on the fence about seeming him I'd highly recommend it. I saw him a couple weeks back in LA, and he was so good. He's an excellent performer and his live band really elevates the performances. The Awaken songs sound almost identical live but the older stuff he played really got elevated with the live band. 

28 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

I think this tour is gonna sell out since he rarely plays shows nowadays. If anyone is on the fence about seeming him I'd highly recommend it. I saw him a couple weeks back in LA, and he was so good. He's an excellent performer and his live band really elevates the performances. The Awaken songs sound almost identical live but the older stuff he played really got elevated with the live band. 

Where did he play in LA?!

4 minutes ago, olopez6919 said:

Where did he play in LA?!

Adidas put on an event for NBA All-star weekend called 747 Warehouse St. You had to win a raffle to get in, and they didn't reveal who was headlining till that night, it ended up being Kid Cudi (who brought Kanye out, it was crazy) and Gambino, who closed the night out.

1 minute ago, Reshiram454 said:

Adidas put on an event for NBA All-star weekend called 747 Warehouse St. You had to win a raffle to get in, and they didn't reveal who was headlining till that night, it ended up being Kid Cudi (who brought Kanye out, it was crazy) and Gambino, who closed the night out.

.... fucking shit. 

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

New song and video.  HOLY FUCK. Better than I could have ever imagined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY

Super good. Donald Glover is the genius everyone wants Kanye to be.

3 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Is this the first song you’ve heard of his?  Because if you’ve listened to anything he did before “Awaken...”, you wouldn’t feel that way.

No, I've heard some of Camp and all of BTI and I think he really should stick to comedy (love him in Community)

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

His stand-up was atrocious though.

I saw him right around the time Community season 2 started. Been following him since Derrick Comedy (I consider any of his music after Culdesac to be his "newer stuff" also I'm realizing this thread is old af and I'm most likely repeating myself).  I was super stoked, then Hannibal Buress opened for him and blew him out of the water. Like...it wasn't even close.  BUT he was still really funny, not sure why it didn't work as well in his "Weirdo" special...it was basically the same material. I think he was trying too hard for the taping.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Hannibal Buress should have played Lando.

42 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I saw him right around the time Community season 2 started. Been following him since Derrick Comedy (I consider any of his music after Culdesac to be his "newer stuff" also I'm realizing this thread is old af and I'm most likely repeating myself).  I was super stoked, then Hannibal Buress opened for him and blew him out of the water. Like...it wasn't even close.  BUT he was still really funny, not sure why it didn't work as well in his "Weirdo" special...it was basically the same material. I think he was trying too hard for the taping.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Hannibal Buress should have played Lando.

10 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

This guy really shouldn't be a rapper

You should watch his freestyle on YouTube. It’s crazy. In the middle of it he just stops to talk about some deep shit and then finishes the freestyle

edit: the hot97 rosenberg one

Edited by KingTacoMunster

17 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

A lot of his lyrics on Camp, Freaks and Geeks, Culdesac, and the I am Just a Rapper mixtapes we're kinda corny tho.

Only listened to BTI and Awaken a few times, but they seemed better. All I know for certain is that Redbone is a certified jam.

Oh he's for sure corny as hell pretty often. Even when he's corny the way he puts phrases together is terrific.