PO SOON: Childish Gambino - ...Awaken, My Love!

9 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

guys don't worry - it is possible to wade through his potpourri vomit of output to find a few gems (i'd really only give this credit to Atlanta recently) -  im just calling him a sellout.

i remember being a teenager and thinking being a sellout was a thing. good luck in college, son!

59 minutes ago, jrodan said:

i remember being a teenager and thinking being a sellout was a thing. good luck in college, son!

i remember believing all my celebrity and sports heroes were just espousing their authentic ideals and never got paid to say or do anything. and then i remembered they never said anything divisive before they were famous! Strange how that happens

2 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

i remember believing all my celebrity and sports heroes were just espousing their authentic ideals and never got paid to say or do anything. and then i remembered they never said anything divisive before they were famous! Strange how that happens

lol, you are proving my point that there is no such thing as "selling out."

Just now, jrodan said:

lol, you are proving my point that there is no such thing as "selling out."

actually i was providing you with the definition of "selling out". not sure how i could have made that more clear, other than to say it is obvious that mega-celebs (which childish has become) are literally told what to say/write about (or don't even write all of their material) in many cases, and they accept money for doing so. there are plenty of artists who don't do that.

Just now, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

actually i was providing you with the definition of "selling out". not sure how i could have made that more clear, other than to say it is obvious that mega-celebs (which childish has become) are literally told what to say/write about (or don't even write all of their material) in many cases, and they accept money for doing so. there are plenty of artists who don't do that.

cool bro. your rose colored glasses make your face look stupid.

1 minute ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

Not to feed the troll, but I literally have no idea what "divisive" thing he has said?  I think that's why everyone is reacting all WTF to you, at least why I am.  He's been far from political?

I guess I'm curious as to what his sell out moment is.

Also, the accusation that "all celebs are being told what to say/write/do" is gonna need some proving (unless you are talking about PR teams from studios giving them talking points for project promotions). Because I’ve read a bunch of celerity twitter and aint no way people are telling them to write some of the stupid stuff Ive read. 

Edited by timsimmons

6 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I'm less worried about celebrity X who hocks product Y than the pleebs who buy product Y because of Celebrity X.

the guy who posted right above you is buying product Y (just check out his 2018 political lingo!!). i guess my general point is - stop letting Celebrity X determine how you think the world should be, because your celebrity heroes are bought and paid for. it has little to do with which celebrity is promoting left/right or any other side of a two-sided issue, more to do with keeping the two sides at odds. When you are only given two extreme choices, it is easy to pick one. and that's why people still buy into this ridiculous system even after the "qualifications" of our 2 recent presidential candidates were out there for all to see.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

8a8.gif

oh look, another mega-celebrity. in this case, one who is commonly used to denigrate free thinking by association. You'd be hardpressed to find any ideology I share with that clown. Just pointing out, of all these responses, I haven't read one yet with any merit or substance. sorry for the interruption. back to your regularly scheduled celeb worship.