PO SOON: Childish Gambino - ...Awaken, My Love!

Damn, went from thinking I was going to instacop this to having zero interest at that price real quick. Hopefully there is just a regular release as well because that is straight robbery pricing right there. These gimmicks added to records to shoot up the price are getting worse and worse it seems...

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

This might have something to do with the "virtual reality" thing: https://pharos.earth/

He tweeted this early this morning.

Has to be. Watch them include a Bino VR headset and jack up the price even higher. Surprised they haven't listed a marked up VR version of the CD as well...

11 minutes ago, daegor said:

Pharos already came and went.  I'm thinking that maybe there is some VR setup so that you can watch Pharos?

Yeah, the description in the app says:

"Welcome to an immersive experience of "Me and your Momma" live from PHAROS created in collaboration with Microsoft. The app works with Mobile VR Headsets. No headset? Not a problem you can use your phone as a window into the world of PHAROS. Don't forget to plug your headphones in for a fuller immersion."

If you just need the free app to make the album a VR experience, it still doesn't make sense why the vinyl specifically has "Virtual Reality" in the title but not the digital or CD.

Who cares about that preorder limited print. They should have waited until the price and contents were determined to list it. Weird scramble.

Sad say. Let's hope a standard 2xLP pressing.

What I'm assuming: "Me and your Mamma" is just a tease for everyone to say "this is cool." Then when the album drops, he'll have a VR version you have to buy in app to pay back the guy who had to develop the app. 

The 2xLP will probably include a "Special" Google Cardboard housing and then give you free access to all the contents of the app.

EDIT: Which is silly because theres no way I get to keep the contents of the app 5 years from now unless he's smart and has them as 360 movie files, which even VLC can play back these days.

Edited by MCDELTAT

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Blorf. And I say that as someone who spent $40 plus shipping on Blond on Black Friday.  :/

sucks too because I've really enjoyed both of these singles. I mean, shit, I haven't even gotten Because the Internet because it was $30+. Wouldn't have gone in on Frank Ocean, but wifey really wanted it too.

I feel you on that. I bought BTI on RSD when it came, and that was harsh. Sold it cause I figured they would do a standard pressing, and that's never happened, so I'm still without. Sigh. Fingers crossed something cheaper happens.

I used the app last night. It's pretty cool, but it's a one time thing (as in you watch it once and don't really need to watch it again). The same thing could have been done via YouTube. Don't know why a whole app needed to be built honestly. And don't see why it's tying into the price. I know that concert out in the desert must have cost a pretty penny to do, but I didn't go, don't make me offset it via record price. Sigh. So much sigh. I just want this album. :(