PO NOW: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana

• 3 weeks later...

This song has only been out for 5 days, but I can't stop listening to it...

IMO, miles better than Rattlesnake. It almost seems like Nuclear Fusion should segue into Rattlesnake. Really excited for this album and TOUR!

Edited by JezmundToo
*called it Atomic Fusion. Whoops.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Dig the new single, still excited for the new album.

Side question: Think they'll put their first few back in press after the success of Nonagon?

If you're referring to 12 Bar Bruise, I doubt it. I don't think we'll see a repress for quite some time, if ever. I could definitely see Flightless doing another press of Oddiments/Float Along, but then again, they did just press it about a year and a half ago. Who knows! Personally, I think their most recent music is far superior to their back catalog. 

6 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

If you're referring to 12 Bar Bruise, I doubt it. I don't think we'll see a repress for quite some time, if ever. I could definitely see Flightless doing another press of Oddiments/Float Along, but then again, they did just press it about a year and a half ago. Who knows! Personally, I think their most recent music is far superior to their back catalog. 

I just meant their first few, 12 Bar Bruise through Oddments. I like their newer stuff more too, but I'd still love a copy of 12 Bar and Float Along.

11 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Dig the new single, still excited for the new album.

Side question: Think they'll put their first few back in press after the success of Nonagon?

In an interview they said they would repress 12.bar, eyes at some point, but I wouldn't expect them in the near future-  7 or 10 year anniversary seems more feasible

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

Blue toxic mustard variant is back up on their Bandcamp for anyone that missed out on the Flightless website:

https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/flying-microtonal-banana

Thanks for the heads up, I missed the Flightless PO so I jumped on this with all available quickness.

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

$49 for a single LP...EZ pass

keep in mind these are aussie dollars, which aren't worth as much as our powerful US dollar. and if you order from the USA, the album is shipped 9,429 miles to get here. after the currency conversion, you are looking at $36.96, hardly the craziest price for an LP that was shipped over a third of the circumference of the earth. not to mention you can buy the album (different variant) from the ATO webstore here in the USA for $23. just wanted to clear this up, because they are releasing another four albums this year.

13 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

keep in mind these are aussie dollars, which aren't worth as much as our powerful US dollar. and if you order from the USA, the album is shipped 9,429 miles to get here. after the currency conversion, you are looking at $36.96, hardly the craziest price for an LP that was shipped over a third of the circumference of the earth. not to mention you can buy the album (different variant) from the ATO webstore here in the USA for $23. just wanted to clear this up, because they are releasing another four albums this year.

It's $40 AUD + $18.87 which is $30.18 USD + $18.87 USD for shipping 

I'm still gonna get all 5 albums, though. I did a US pre-order a month or so ago. Speaking of which, I just got an e-mail with a download for the final single!

Edited by DOMAN127

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

It's $40 AUD + $18.87 which is $30.18 USD + $18.87 USD for shipping 

are you sure shipping is in USD? i'm showing $18.91 for shipping, but it's unclear whether that is AUD or USD. if it's AUD, then that brings total album price for a single LP (shipped 9,429 miles across the globe) to $44.57. most on these forums would agree that's expensive for a single LP. 

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

are you sure shipping is in USD? i'm showing $18.91 for shipping, but it's unclear whether that is AUD or USD. if it's AUD, then that brings total album price for a single LP (shipped 9,429 miles across the globe) to $44.57. most on these forums would agree that's expensive for a single LP. 

ZrEuYC0.jpg

Like someone else said, the US pressing is available for much cheaper. International shipping is expensive. Which makes this particular pressing more expensive for us US folks. I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. If you want this particular pressing then you'll have to pay up for shipping. It's not the Bands fault that  shipping prices are so high or that they're from Australia and they have a lot of US fans... even if they dropped it to $30 aud it would still be about $40 usd  after shipping and for whatever reason records are expensive in Australia. 

14 minutes ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

Like someone else said, the US pressing is available for much cheaper. International shipping is expensive. Which makes this particular pressing more expensive for us US folks. I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. If you want this particular pressing then you'll have to pay up for shipping. It's not the Bands fault that  shipping prices are so high or that they're from Australia and they have a lot of US fans... even if they dropped it to $30 aud it would still be about $40 usd  after shipping and for whatever reason records are expensive in Australia. 

I'm not saying it's unreasonable considering the circumstances, I'm saying "I get why it has to be that much (though $30 USD pre-shipping is a bit much) but I'm not willing to pay it because it isn't worth it."

Edited by DOMAN127