PO NOW: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ethereal said:

anyone who grabbed a copy of microtonal experiencing the same overly-compressed sound similar to nonagon?

I had it on in the background (highlighter yellow) but it definitely tried its best for an inherently lo-fi album. I'm not complaining.

29 minutes ago, jeromium said:

I don't think Rattlesnake was the best choice for an opener. Maybe if I hadn't heard it prior to the album I'd feel differently.

I don't like familiarizing myself with singles before the album comes out, so I only listened to it once before the album released. I agree that it isn't a good choice as an opener. 

54 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I don't like familiarizing myself with singles before the album comes out, so I only listened to it once before the album released. I agree that it isn't a good choice as an opener. 

Same - I'll generally give the first single a listen to get a taste and leave it at that until the whole album is out. 

In a recent interview I think they mentioned that the repetitiveness of Rattlesnake was supposed to help ease people into the microtonal sound but yeah, definitely my least favourite on the album. 

Hoping there's room for a real mellow album (like Quarters) before the year's end.