Pro-Ject Acrylic Platter

You don't need to change anything, just put it on and you are good to go.

Edit: And to be a bit more precise, this is what the specifications for the different carbon models say about the platters:

regular:

300mm metal with felt mat

acrylic: 

300mm acrylic platter

So they are both the same height, and the felt mat does not make any substantial difference.

Edited by mesi

1 hour ago, mesi said:

You don't need to change anything, just put it on and you are good to go.

Edit: And to be a bit more precise, this is what the specifications for the different carbon models say about the platters:

regular:

300mm metal with felt mat

acrylic: 

300mm acrylic platter

So they are both the same height, and the felt mat does not make any substantial difference.

Basically the right answer but the wrong reasoning. 300mm is the diameter not the height but nevertheless acrylic platters on any table are designed to be used without a matt otherwise it defeats the object of using an acrylic platter in the first place.

The Project ones from memory are designed so that you just fit it as a replacement for the original platter and matt although they do include a felt matt with new tables that already have an acrylic platter even though you don't need it just to add confusion.

1 hour ago, allenh said:

Basically the right answer but the wrong reasoning. 300mm is the diameter not the height but nevertheless acrylic platters on any table are designed to be used without a matt otherwise it defeats the object of using an acrylic platter in the first place.

The Project ones from memory are designed so that you just fit it as a replacement for the original platter and matt although they do include a felt matt with new tables that already have an acrylic platter even though you don't need it just to add confusion.

Damn, stupid me. In my mind 300mm were 3cm which would have been about right. My bad..