PO: Hopesfall (TSY/Magnetic North/A-Types)

HxChile_

Just now, deer said:

Thank god. I don't even care if it's a $24 black copy, I'd really like to own TSY for a decent price. Looking forward to nabbing all three when they're back up.

Where'd you hear this, could I ask?

Someone that angrily emailed merchnow got this response:

"After speaking to Equal Vision Records, we were informed there will be a repressing done shortly"

My "last chance" copy of TSY should be here on Monday.  But my earlier order of MN and AT, which was before they sold out, has yet to ship and just says "shipping soon."

Fucking MerchNow is the worst fulfillment company ever.  I wish they didn't fulfill for so many bands I listen to.  At least the Dear Hunter isn't using them anymore.

Yeah, they included in my email that they would be repressing these as well, and that anybody who got their orders cancelled would be given priority on the represses. Not sure if that just means we'll be given advance warning before they go up or if we'll have an exclusive window to order, but it does make me feel a little better about the whole situation. I do hope it's another cool color variation though. I love pretty records.

I received my Satellite Years and A-Types yesterday.

The A-Types came out meh. The orange is more neon than opaque. TSY looks cool, medium amount of splatter, still wiched it was blue splatter and not purple but hey I'm just glad to have these 2 albums on vinyl!

Mine arrived in New Zealand this week (all 3 are /100 pressings). Apart from the pretty flimsy card stock for the jackets, they have come up really nicely. I have only listened to Magnetic North so far, and it sounds good. This afternoon I'll sit down and listen to my OP TSY vs. the repress. 

zku3dWD.jpg

e9XG9Z8.jpg

ciMgyEd.jpg

Edited by andynz

Holy fuck.  I  finally called MerchNow because I felt after waiting a week and a half for a response to an email I needed to actually talk to someone.

The guy told me that my MN and AT may be shipping out or they may be sold out and he was going to find out by the end of the week.  After I told him I ordered them before the site indicated they were sold out, he said "that's why I'm confused about it." 

Looks like I won't be getting them.  Fuck MerchNow in their stupid asses.

edit:  they just cancelled my order with the same canned response that the second chance offer people got.  Yet my order was in weeks before they sold out.  What completely shit service.

Edited by highfives

On 2/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, lethalenforcer said:

They are being repressed, according to merchnow. Including TSY.

EVR told me today that MerchNow isn't supposed to be telling people they're being repressed because they "don't have all of the details down."  The EVR rep only said they aren't being repressed at the moment and they don't have any kind of estimated timeline.

" Ah ok yeah there has been talk of doing another pressing but they weren't supposed to say anything because we don't have all the details yet, they will let you know when another pressing is available but there is no set date for that yet... We'll try to keep everyone as informed as possible when there is more info. Nothing is in production at the moment  "

• 6 years later...

https://equal-vision-records.myshopify.com/collections/hopesfall

Satellite Years got re-mixed/re-mastered and re-pressed.

A bit pricey but it's one of those albums I don't own and had to bite the bullet on.

Edit: They're selling REALLY fast, so get on that if you can

Edited by prowl20

19 minutes ago, achillesstand7 said:

And it's cheaper than the label variants what the actual fuck?

27 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

And it's cheaper than the label variants what the actual fuck?

Haha, yeah, that’s what I thought too. I looked it up and saw $44 and thought “oh well, I guess I’ll just get one of the uglier splatter versions,” expecting those to be $10+ cheaper.  But then saw that those were $45?!! So I went with the clear. 

15 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

The retail is "trans black" as expected, they confirmed on facebook. Meh

While trans black is certainly pretty meh, I'm just stoked that there's going to be a copy that is pretty readily available.
EVR did their typical 'launch at 3am Melbourne time' and I missed out on everything by the time I woke up for work. Stoked I could nab the BV clear variant though.