Out Now: Matthew Good - Beautiful Midnight Revisited

Since there was some interested in the MGB reissues that came out earlier this year, I thought this was threadworthy for some people here.

Matt Good announced this morning that he will be releasing reworked versions of five songs from Matthew Good Band's 1999 album "Beautiful Midnight" in a new EP fittingly titled "I Miss New Wave - Beautiful Midnight Revisited". Next year he'll be touring Canada and playing Beautiful Midnight live in its entirety.

The five reworked songs on the EP are Suburbia, I Miss New Wave, Load Me Up, Let's Get it On and Born to Kill

Amazon.ca it has the 10" black vinyl record out on December 2  for $19.63:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MYM596X/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1479154396&sr=8-9&keywords=matthew+good+beautiful+midnight

Edited by Subdomestic

On 11/14/2016 at 8:17 PM, untiliwakeup said:

This is great. Still hoping for avalanche/loser anthems vinyl reissues soon.

Really want that Avalanche reissue given you can't find it for under $200-300 bones.

Interesting that he's still going back to the 90's well. 

Edited by Canuckle

• 2 weeks later...

According to Matt Good's website, it looks like these are shipping in January 2017 now. Also, blue variant is up and there's no mention of black anymore. Maybe they're all blue?

http://matthewgood.store-08.com/music/mg050025-matthew-good-band-i-miss-new-wave-beautiful-midnight-re/

Amazon has changed their release date from today to "we don't know".

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Just saw him tonight in Toronto and they had signed copies at the merch table for $30. He must only sign a certain quantity every show, because they were sold out by the end of the encore.

How'd you like the show? Did he have vinyl copies of the 2016 series of reissues? The only one I haven't got yet is Hospital Music.

I'm going to the show in Picton tomorrow night. I haven't been to an MG show in probably over 10 years but I snagged a front row centre seat for this!

1 hour ago, Subdomestic said:

How'd you like the show? Did he have vinyl copies of the 2016 series of reissues? The only one I haven't got yet is Hospital Music.

I'm going to the show in Picton tomorrow night. I haven't been to an MG show in probably over 10 years but I snagged a front row centre seat for this!

The show was good, it had been a long time as well (almost 13 years) since I last saw him live and it's nice to see that he can still go for almost two hours. He did the entirety of Beautiful Midnight and then did a few assorted songs in the encore.

I was hoping they would have some of the reissues from last year at the merch table, but the only vinyl they had was the newest one (I'd grab one quick if I were you if they have them tonight).