[WTB] Brand New - Jesus 7" Single (and other rare pressings)

hermanthehermit

Hey all,

It seems that there aren't any eBay or Discogs listings for the Jesus 7" picture disc, but I'm really interested in grabbing a copy. The Discogs median is $100, so I'm looking in that price range (or cheaper if possible), but am willing to haggle a bit. Shipping would be to the US.

I'd also be interested in other Brand New 7" singles or rare variants, as I'm working on starting a collection. Comment/PM if you have any interesting offers. Thanks!

You just missed out, I won Jesus on eBay a few weeks ago for $49, I was the one and only bidder. If you're patient another one will come up.  

I've slowly been collecting BN vinyl too, started in 2009, not trying to grab every variant, but within the past year I've found every 7" for at least half the normal selling price. Be diligent and check eBay and discogs frequently and you'll likely find the same. Except Jude Law... No one seems interested in actually selling thier copy, just listing it for 90% more that it'll actually sell for. 

Edited by bridley
Added words.

21 hours ago, bridley said:

You just missed out, I won Jesus on eBay a few weeks ago for $49, I was the one and only bidder. If you're patient another one will come up.  

I've slowly been collecting BN vinyl too, started in 2009, not trying to grab every variant, but within the past year I've found every 7" for at least half the normal selling price. Be diligent and check eBay and discogs frequently and you'll likely find the same. Except Jude Law... No one seems interested in actually selling thier copy, just listing it for 90% more that it'll actually sell for. 

Yeah, I actually just won an auction for the Jesus 7" from Ebay UK for about $20. I'm waiting for the seller to send an updated invoice for shipping to the states, so hopefully that goes through and doesn't cost too much. The only 7"s I'm missing now are Jude Law and the green Quiet Things. Hopefully I'll find somebody who's willing to sell the Jude Law for a reasonable price someday.

2 hours ago, hermanthehermit said:

Yeah, I actually just won an auction for the Jesus 7" from Ebay UK for about $20. I'm waiting for the seller to send an updated invoice for shipping to the states, so hopefully that goes through and doesn't cost too much. The only 7"s I'm missing now are Jude Law and the green Quiet Things. Hopefully I'll find somebody who's willing to sell the Jude Law for a reasonable price someday.

Success! I get things shipped from the UK to Canada all the time - shouldn't cost more than $15. Likely less since you're paying in USD... I'm used to CAD.

Edit: Found the auction - seller is on Jersey in the Channel Islands: fascinating! Update us (or mostly me) with the shipping cost. I would assume mailing out from a somewhat secluded island like that might be more expensive than normal.

Edited by bridley

On 11/19/2016 at 8:59 PM, bridley said:

Success! I get things shipped from the UK to Canada all the time - shouldn't cost more than $15. Likely less since you're paying in USD... I'm used to CAD.

Edit: Found the auction - seller is on Jersey in the Channel Islands: fascinating! Update us (or mostly me) with the shipping cost. I would assume mailing out from a somewhat secluded island like that might be more expensive than normal.

The seller just finally came back with an offer of about $100, which is nearly $80 shipping. I may push back a bit, as that seems a little off. Maybe it just genuinely is that expensive to ship something from the Channel Islands, though.

4 hours ago, hermanthehermit said:

The seller just finally came back with an offer of about $100, which is nearly $80 shipping. I may push back a bit, as that seems a little off. Maybe it just genuinely is that expensive to ship something from the Channel Islands, though.

$80 to ship a 7" from abroad is about $60 too much. Don't pay that bill 

HOLY FUCK.

Royal Mail is an option from Jersey... maybe poke around on their site to get a quote and counter offer him with what it tells you it should be. 

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Edit: a quick try gives me £12.40 as the cheapest option for a small parcel via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed. It didn't ask where I was shipping from - so I assume they don't have any particular surcharges from more remote places within the UK.

Edited by bridley

On 11/18/2016 at 9:23 PM, bridley said:

That was mine! Hope it's all gravy for you!

(free bump)

On 11/22/2016 at 1:20 PM, Thomas³ said:

It does not cost $80 to ship a 5oz package anywhere in the world (well, maybe remote region of Alaska or Antarctica). Sounds like the seller is upset at the selling price.

On 11/22/2016 at 5:03 PM, Jimmarcucci said:

$80 to ship a 7" from abroad is about $60 too much. Don't pay that bill 

On 11/22/2016 at 5:15 PM, bridley said:

HOLY FUCK.

Royal Mail is an option from Jersey... maybe poke around on their site to get a quote and counter offer him with what it tells you it should be. 

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Edit: a quick try gives me £12.40 as the cheapest option for a small parcel via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed. It didn't ask where I was shipping from - so I assume they don't have any particular surcharges from more remote places within the UK.

The seller finally got back to me this morning. They were trying to go with Royal Mail's version of Priority which was £60, but the cheap standard option he found was £5 and he didn't charge for shipping at all since he took so long to get back with a price. So I got a sealed copy of Jesus for ~$26 shipped! No complaints :)

23 hours ago, hermanthehermit said:

The seller finally got back to me this morning. They were trying to go with Royal Mail's version of Priority which was £60, but the cheap standard option he found was £5 and he didn't charge for shipping at all since he took so long to get back with a price. So I got a sealed copy of Jesus for ~$26 shipped! No complaints :)

Now that she more like it!! Glad it all worked out for you