What.cd has shut down.

highfives

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, turnstiles said:

Haven't logged into these boards in months, but I was sorely upset to find what.cd got shut down. I was there from week 2. I'd like an apollo invite if possible. 

Just an FYI - Invites are closed on Apollo due to the user limit being reached, might be a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

You really don't.

An old friend who I went to the pop disaster tour with like 15 years ago asked if I wanted to go see Green Day this summer. It's at a theme park in my town. The park is celebrating 25 years of concerts so all summer you get free admission to the park with any ticket. $30 bucks for a lawn seat for Green Day and a day on roller coasters seems like a fun way to spend a late summer day.

That being said I haven't followed the band in years, figured I'd check out the new album. They play this song at every Sabres game when they welcome them onto the ice. I don't hate it. The rest of the album sound anything like that song? 

Edited by kylet

6 minutes ago, kylet said:

An old friend who I went to the pop disaster tour with like 15 years ago asked if I wanted to go see Green Day this summer. It's at an theme park in my town. The park is celebrating 25 years of concerts so all summer you get free admission to the park with any ticket. $30 bucks for a lawn seat for Green Day and a day on roller coasters seems like a fun way to spend a late summer day.

That being said I haven't followed the band in years, figured I'd check out the new album. They play this song at every Sabres game when they welcome them onto the ice. I don't hate it. The rest of the album sound anything like that song? 

I actually couldn't tell you.  I think I listened to one of the new singles out of morbid curiosity and that was enough for me.

To legitimately answer your question, if you were eager to just hear the album itself and get familiar with it – without necessarily owning the digital files – I think Spotify or Youtube would suffice nicely.  Otherwise, Soulseek or a bit of Googling would get the job done for you.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I actually couldn't tell you.  I think I listened to one of the new singles out of morbid curiosity and that was enough for me.

To legitimately answer your question, if you were eager to just hear the album itself and get familiar with it – without necessarily owning the digital files – I think Spotify or Youtube would suffice nicely.  Otherwise, Soulseek or a bit of Googling would get the job done for you.

I use my iPod still. Don't really use any music streaming sites. I tried google and just got a bunch of scary virus looking stuff. Never heard of soulseek but I'm going to look into that now. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, kylet said:

Soulseek users,

I downloaded the software, do you need an invite to create an account? I can't figure out how to do that.

Nope it's free. IIRC you just type in a username and password and you automatically have an account. Just go to the share settings and direct the filepath to your music library. 

3 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Nope it's free. IIRC you just type in a username and password and you automatically have an account. Just go to the share settings and direct the filepath to your music library. 

Yeah that worked. Thanks!

So I have limited computer knowledge when it comes to this stuff. But this doesn't seem like a torrenting site.  It it safe to use? Should I be running peer block or something when I'm logged in? Sorda reminds me of limewire from back in the day, which was sketchy as shit haha.

On 3/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, kylet said:

So I have limited computer knowledge when it comes to this stuff. But this doesn't seem like a torrenting site.  It it safe to use? Should I be running peer block or something when I'm logged in? Sorda reminds me of limewire from back in the day, which was sketchy as shit haha.

Don't bother, those don't do shit. Just placebos. If you're really worried, get a VPN.

Edited by Thomas³

On 3/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, kylet said:

Just don't share anything that will get you sued and you'll be fine.

• 1 year later...