Numark Pro TT 2

So, I recently got a Numark Pro TT 2 for $5 at a garage sale. I know this is more of a DJ turntable and I know nothing about them but it was $5 and they said it worked. I brought it home and hooked it up and at first the needle was just sliding across the record but I adjusted the counterweight thing and got it to play. It sounds pretty good, actually, and it is most definitely not calibrated right and could likely use a new stylus. But the LED screen, speed adjustments, 33/45/78 speeds work and all seems to be well. One of the hinges on the dust shell is broken but it's not the actual turntable, it's on the plastic and can easily be replaced. Plus, the shell has a bunch of shitty stickers on it. I know next to nothing about these types of tables and already have a U-Turn that I love. How much do these usually go for? I looked on eBay and only saw a couple things that were all really different. I'll try putting it on Craigslist but I don't see stuff like that selling well here. If not, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and ship it. If anyone has any info on this or any advice or knows anyone who might be interested, please let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 11:26 PM, kforkevin777 said:

So, I recently got a Numark Pro TT 2 for $5 at a garage sale. I know this is more of a DJ turntable and I know nothing about them but it was $5 and they said it worked. I brought it home and hooked it up and at first the needle was just sliding across the record but I adjusted the counterweight thing and got it to play. It sounds pretty good, actually, and it is most definitely not calibrated right and could likely use a new stylus. But the LED screen, speed adjustments, 33/45/78 speeds work and all seems to be well. One of the hinges on the dust shell is broken but it's not the actual turntable, it's on the plastic and can easily be replaced. Plus, the shell has a bunch of shitty stickers on it. I know next to nothing about these types of tables and already have a U-Turn that I love. How much do these usually go for? I looked on eBay and only saw a couple things that were all really different. I'll try putting it on Craigslist but I don't see stuff like that selling well here. If not, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and ship it. If anyone has any info on this or any advice or knows anyone who might be interested, please let me know!

I had one and I think I may have sold it for around $75. It's a pretty solid high torque DJ turntable. Five bucks is a great deal. A DJ or someone newly into records would be happy with it. If everything works okay, I would get it all dialed in, remove the stickers, and replace the needle with something okay. People generally don't want to buy fixer upper turntables unless they are five bucks.