[PO] The Microphones - Early Tapes, 1996 - 1998 LP

No big deal. This is an LP release of some songs that were recorded before all the other Microphones stuff. There were a few rough and uncommon tapes released back then. This LP collects the best parts of those tapes. It includes a poster with notes and reflections and context and lyrics and photos from the archives. A new (old) Microphones album out of nowhere!

contains: 16 songs, 40+ minutes, expensively pressed vinyl, heavy old style jacket, three foot long poster double sided lyrics/notes poster, download card

http://www.pwelverumandsun.com/store#microphones

December 9th release date.  Not sure which of the early tapes these are pulled from, runtime and track numbers makes it anyone's guess :)

Tracklist

01 Teenage Moustache
02 So Wrong
03 Nightly
04 the Creeps
05 5 String Attack
06 Beautiful Face
07 For Kaye, June 6
08 Night Time
09 (bass)
10 Microphone pt. 1
11 drums tape loop with bass
12 Feedback Loop
13 Compressor
14 Microphone pt. 2
15 Rebirth on Tape Deck Mountain
16 Wires And Cords

Hope these stick around for a bit. Part of me wants to get this alongside the collection of Microphones re-issues but I have a large sum on my credit card that I need to clear before I go about getting any of the things on my always growing want list. Still need to grab this years Lost Wisdom repress.

• 1 month later...

In a similar boat, took the New Years weekend off work before this surfaced so there's no chance I can swing this. 

I was fortunate to catch Phil solo back home in Sydney on what was technically the Clear Moon / Ocean Roar tour but instead he played some kind of bizarro set list of Microphones / early Mount Eerie songs and it was amazing. Here's the set list I grabbed, he also played "I Say No":

MountEerieSetlist_zps9c326d15.jpg

Edited by spoon