Five Iron Frenzy Vinyl Reissues (SMLXL)

mmhmm

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

So awesome! Upbeats and Beatdowns was my first real taste of ska when I was a teenager. I borrowed it along with Value Pac's first album (which was my first taste of punk rock). Those two albums changed my life and opened up the floodgates to a world of music I didn't know existed.  The only FIF album I've ever been able to find was their Miniature Golf Courses Of America Present Five Iron Frenzy 7" (Asian Man Records) years ago which has "Mama Mia", "Arnold and Willis and Mr Drummond", and "Handbook for the Sellout" on it. I think I may have gotten it from their fan club way back in the day.

https://www.discogs.com/Five-Iron-Frenzy-Miniature-Golf-Courses-Of-America-Present-Five-Iron-Frenzy/release/586988

1 hour ago, Tyler_Durden said:

So awesome! Upbeats and Beatdowns was my first real taste of ska when I was a teenager. I borrowed it along with Value Pac's first album (which was my first taste of punk rock). Those two albums changed my life and opened up the floodgates to a world of music I didn't know existed.  The only FIF album I've ever been able to find was their Miniature Golf Courses Of America Present Five Iron Frenzy 7" (Asian Man Records) years ago which has "Mama Mia", "Arnold and Willis and Mr Drummond", and "Handbook for the Sellout" on it. I think I may have gotten it from their fan club way back in the day.

https://www.discogs.com/Five-Iron-Frenzy-Miniature-Golf-Courses-Of-America-Present-Five-Iron-Frenzy/release/586988

That 7" was one of my first records.  Ordered it from their mail-order...I remember having it for several years with no way to listen to it and then finding out my grandparents had a record player.  Hearing those songs on vinyl was the coolest thing as a young kid.  

Super excited for the FIF series SMLXL is doing.  Up next should be Quantity is Job 1, which is fantastic.  

3 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Looking forward to getting Our Newest Album vinyl....curious how they dealt with the 10-minute track for Every New Day.  Wondering if they cut out all the blank silence before that random clip at the end.  

I have to assume they either cut the hidden track entirely or put it behind a locked groove. Just with the music alone this album is right on the cusp of not being able to fit on a single LP, I don't think they'd be able to add 10 minutes of dead wax.

25 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

I have to assume they either cut the hidden track entirely or put it behind a locked groove. Just with the music alone this album is right on the cusp of not being able to fit on a single LP, I don't think they'd be able to add 10 minutes of dead wax.

Ya you're probably right- mine arrives today so I'll take a look.  

On a slightly related note...these are old albums and they're being remastered for vinyl.  I really wish SMLXL or FIF would release digital versions of the remasters.  I mean, yeah it would take away from the exclusivity of it only being available on vinyl but man, it'd be great to hear how the music has improved with the extra attention to the audio.  

• 1 month later...

Quantity is Job #1:

https://www.smlxlvinyl.com/products/five-iron-frenzy-quantity-is-job-1-lp-smlxl-exclusive-preorder

Green limited to 300

All The Hype Money Can Buy:

https://www.smlxlvinyl.com/products/five-iron-frenzy-all-the-hype-money-can-buy-lp-smlxl-exclusive-preorder

Red/orange marble limited to 300

Colored versions will sell out very quickly. Don't sleep on these.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Be more specific?  Are you wanting to trade those^ for something else?  What are you looking for?

I have these two records.

I want to trade them away because I will probably never play them. 

Not looking to sell them, but would want to trade them.

As for what? I have no clue.

If you’re interested and have a Discogs, Id definitely take a look.

• 1 month later...