Why place 10-15 separate orders next year when you can get it all out the way now? Just do it, man.

http://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/582447-topshelf-records-2017-subscription

$230, monthly delivery

Confirmed releases:

LITE - Cubic LP

Heat - Overnight LP

mouse on the keys - Out of Body 12" EP

Del Paxton - All Day, Every Day, All Night LP

Slingshot Dakota - Broken 7"

Tricot - 3 LP

Ratboys - GN LP

Us and Us Only - Full Flower LP

No Vacation - Summer Break Singles 7"

People Like You - Verse LP

Queen Moo - Mean Well LP

Wild Ones - Mirror Touch LP

Prawn - Run LP

Special Explosion - TBA LP

Also includes a reusable 15% off code for other purchases in 2017.

Slipmat, crewneck, tshirt, enamel pin and chances for tests and signed vinyl.

Most limited variant of everything (exclusive subscriber variants to be pressed if enough people sign up) unless you sign up after something has already run out of a variant.

A portion of the proceeds from every subscription donated to The Trevor Project, Planned Parenthood, & the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

Edited by dantheriver

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

Maybe it's just me, but in the recent years I felt less and less interest in topshelf releases, same goes to Run for cover as well.  I'm just getting old.

Same.

Besides the new Dangers lp, that one is great. And if Sundials put out something this year on Topshelf I'd snag that.

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Maybe it's just me, but in the recent years I felt less and less interest in topshelf releases, same goes to Run for cover as well.  I'm just getting old.

I dunno, both labels have really matured their sounds and drifted away from silly pop-punk/emo (more directed at RFC, Topshelf haven't really put anything like that in forever.) Do you still enjoy the old stuff? I wouldn't call it getting old if that's the case...

6 hours ago, Shlebs said:

I was feeling similar but decided to give their new releases a chance that I didn't pay attention to at all and I'm really enjoying them. The Happy Diving LP and the No Joy EP are stupid good.

TSR is still crazy consistent. I agree that the label has matured and I think that led away from a lot of the hype they used to get from "the kids" (at least here). Keep digging into this year's catalog, I'll bet you find more stuff you dig.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

TSR is still crazy consistent. I agree that the label has matured and I think that led away from a lot of the hype they used to get from "the kids" (at least here). Keep digging into this year's catalog, I'll bet you find more stuff you dig.

The only thing I haven't dug from them recently was Mock Orange. All I've got left to check out is Ratboys. The Clique LP will probably end up one of my favorites this year too.

Edited by Shlebs

On 11/25/2016 at 0:43 AM, Shlebs said:

The only thing I haven't dug from them recently was Mock Orange. All I've got left to check out is Ratboys. The Clique LP will probably end up one of my favorites this year too.

That Clique album is great. The new Lite album that just came out is ridiculous. 

On 11/29/2016 at 4:35 PM, dantheriver said:

The extra $5ish media mail charge was a mistake, so if that was holding anyone back it should be fixed now.

unfortunately can't turn this off (unfortunate side effect of the way "bundles" are set up in our back end). We'll either refund it to you in full within a dayor two or apply it to the charities (your choice).

Interesting conversation going on in here—and not a topic that's lost on me, or in any way news to me. It has always bothered/disappointed me the records that get tons of attention that we release vs. the records that get no support whatsoever for seemingly no discernible reasons (take a look at, idk, the Sorority Noise pre-order thread from earlier this year vs. say, the LITE "Cubic" thread for a stark example of this). And that's actually completely 1000000000% bonkers to me. Like, pretty crazy. Obviously to take nothing away from Sorority Noise, LITE's one of the most talented and interesting and non-derivative acts making music today and it's absolute crickets from this community because.... reasons(?). The crowd here, ~generally speaking~, on this particular forum, I've never really felt like my tastes really fully align with completely. BUT I've always been super appreciative of the support y'all have given us throughout the years. I know we're hemorrhaging that support, though. I understand we're not releasing records you [think] you care about. I read it every few days on forums and Facebook groups and Twitter and in this very thread. But we've also been doing this for over ten years now. I couldn't legally drink when Seth and I started this label and now we're in our 30's. It's not an "out of touch" thing—it's a tastes changing thing. I have almost no interest in the music I predominantly listened to a decade ago and that is reflected in the music we currently release through the label now as well. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was putting out records just because I knew they'd do well, but that I was in no way myself personally interested in. That might pay the bills and other labels certainly do that but I'm way not down. So, here we are.

It's pretty clear the floor got kicked out from everyone doing anything vaguely ~emo~ in the last year or so. Like, save for a handful of bands that got the "indie" stamp of approval, shit is dead in the water and everyone bailed and left labels like jade tree / count your lucky stars / no sleep, etc. caught with their pants down. And when that shit's your bread and butter, that's not the canary in the coal mine, that's the whole mine shaft collapsing on you. Obviously, that's a large part of what we are known for and have done to this point so when you're shifting gears to something else (even doing so gradually over the course of many years), you're gonna alienate and lose some people. I get that. I just sincerely think a lot of people aren't even listening to what we release anymore, which is y'know, that's chill! lol. Not a hype label with the kids anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe don't even have an identity really anymore. Which, y'know, that's fine also!! I don't want to be pigeonholed to one thing. I like that we can put out a Dangers record, a toe record, a Jay Som record and a Bad Heaven record in the same year and we don't need to start an imprint label to release different things through—and that it's not weird at all! Anyway, I'm totally just rambling now.

tl;dr: I think everything we release is fucking sick.

• If you subscribed to this subscribtion or our bandcamp digital subscription: FUCKING THANK YOU. Thank you for your trust in our judgement and curation.
  • If you've streamed, or downloaded or purchased any of our records, THANK YOU. Shit is harder than ever to sustain. You can't know how much it's appreciated.
  • If you haven't listened to what we're up to lately, and have even a modest interest in doing so: We have our ENTIRE catalog (save for pre-orders) in both our store (http://topshelfrecords.com/categories/digital) and our bandcamp (http://topshelfrecords.bandcamp.com) available for pay-what-you-want download with all proceeds going equally to The Trevor Project / Planned Parenthood / The NAACP Legal Defense Fund. It'll remain pwyw through 2016. Maybe give something a shot that you've never heard of, idk!!

Sorry I am a shitty dumb bitter prick!!!!!!

Edited by topshelfsquad

1 hour ago, topshelfsquad said:

Interesting conversation going on in here—and not a topic that's lost on me, or in any way news to me. It has always bothered/disappointed me the records that get tons of attention that we release vs. the records that get no support whatsoever for seemingly no discernible reasons (take a look at, idk, the Sorority Noise pre-order thread from earlier this year vs. say, the LITE "Cubic" thread for a stark example of this). And that's actually completely 1000000000% bonkers to me. Like, pretty crazy. Obviously to take nothing away from Sorority Noise, LITE's one of the most talented and interesting and non-derivative acts making music today and it's absolute crickets from this community because.... reasons(?). The crowd here, ~generally speaking~, on this particular forum, I've never really felt like my tastes really fully align with completely. BUT I've always been super appreciative of the support y'all have given us throughout the years. I know we're hemorrhaging that support, though. I understand we're not releasing records you [think] you care about. I read it every few days on forums and Facebook groups and Twitter and in this very thread. But we've also been doing this for over ten years now. I couldn't legally drink when Seth and I started this label and now we're in our 30's. It's not an "out of touch" thing—it's a tastes changing thing. I have almost no interest in the music I predominantly listened to a decade ago and that is reflected in the music we currently release through the label now as well. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was putting out records just because I knew they'd do well, but that I was in no way myself personally interested in. That might pay the bills and other labels certainly do that but I'm way not down. So, here we are.

It's pretty clear the floor got kicked out from everyone doing anything vaguely ~emo~ in the last year or so. Like, save for a handful of bands that got the "indie" stamp of approval, shit is dead in the water and everyone bailed and left labels like jade tree / count your lucky stars / no sleep, etc. caught with their pants down. And when that shit's your bread and butter, that's not the canary in the coal mine, that's the whole mine shaft collapsing on you. Obviously, that's a large part of what we are known for and have done to this point so when you're shifting gears to something else (even doing so gradually over the course of many years), you're gonna alienate and lose some people. I get that. I just sincerely think a lot of people aren't even listening to what we release anymore, which is y'know, that's chill! lol. Not a hype label with the kids anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe don't even have an identity really anymore. Which, y'know, that's fine also!! I don't want to be pigeonholed to one thing. I like that we can put out a Dangers record, a toe record, a Jay Som record and a Bad Heaven record in the same year and we don't need to start an imprint label to release different things through—and that it's not weird at all! Anyway, I'm totally just rambling now.

• If you subscribed to this subscribtion or our bandcamp digital subscription: FUCKING THANK YOU. Thank you for your trust in our judgement and curation.
  • If you've streamed, or downloaded or purchased any of our records, THANK YOU. Shit is harder than ever to sustain. You can't know how much it's appreciated.
  • If you haven't listened to what we're up to lately, and have even a modest interest in doing so: We have our ENTIRE catalog (save for pre-orders) in both our store (http://topshelfrecords.com/categories/digital) and our bandcamp (http://topshelfrecords.bandcamp.com) available for pay-what-you-want download with all proceeds going equally to The Trevor Project / Planned Parenthood / The NAACP Legal Defense Fund. It'll remain pwyw through 2016. Maybe give something a shot that you've never heard of, idk!!

I've always loved the stuff that deviated from the "classic Topshelf sound" that some have been vocal and wistful toward.  Wild Ones, Mock Orange and Happy Diving are my 3 favorite bands in your stable and I'm always keeping an eye on your press releases because I know there will be interesting bands working with you. I haven't checked out LITE yet but I'll give them a listen later tonight. Keep doing it the way you know how. *thumbs up*

2 hours ago, topshelfsquad said:

To be quite honest, there were two years in a row where I think I bought literally every record, and you guys probably had my address/email cued up to memory. However late last year, and early this year, several of the records I bought just didn't catch me the same way all those previous did, and was a little disappointing with some of the hype on them to only be let down, so I kind of stopped keeping up with the label for a little while. I have no doubt that you guys vet all the releases you offer with the the utmost seriousness, and truly believe that they will be hits. Many dont become so because of their following, and like you said, a lot of your emo releases of the past carried these crowds over to similar releases, so these new ones get kind of lost on them/us. 

As I said, I haven't kept up in a while, so Ill have to stream a few of the new ones to see how they win me over, but current it's not a must-sub for me.

Now if you were to say new releases by Prawn, Joie de Vivre, Caravels, Crash of Rhinos ect were coming down the pipe this coming year....well.../drool :0

Must love and respect guys! I'm sure thier will be some quality albums next year I will grab for sure.

I just listened to that LITE record yesterday and it's so ridiculously good, the only reason I haven't pre-ordered is because I'm trying to get funds for the sub. (Hoping the 180 gram black is still there when I do!)

Anyways, my interest waned for a bit but I've bought up most of the recent releases I've missed and have full faith in the sub. Thanks for doing what you're doing Topshelf bros.

Still probably my favorite label.  Between 2011-2013 I probably ordered over 50 TSR releases.  Then the Canadian dollar dropped, and shipping prices went up.  It costs about $45 for me to order one (ONE!!!!) LP from Topshelf (or any other label), so it's really just impossible for me to order anything.  Thanks to Amazon prime, I've been able to pick up Happy Diving, Dangers, and a couple more 2016 releases.  But yeah...fuck the Canadian dollar.

But I'm glad you're not still putting out the same records.  It would definitely have been cool if more of the *emo revival* (I'm so sorry) bands would have stuck around with TSR for longer instead of jumping ship (Have Mercy LOL), but at the same time there are very few bands in that category that I listen to anymore.  Keep doing what you're doing and hopefully our dollar climbs so I can get in on those rare~ variants again.

Edited by parkinglot

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2016 at 11:22 AM, museummouth said:

Any chance of that Bad Heaven Lp getting the vinyl treatment?

For now, no. It's something we've talked about with John, though. If he decides to get more active with bahdeavn, we'll probably do it.

Also just wanted to chime in and say we've announced new releases so this subscription now includes:

• LITE - Cubic LP
  • Heat - Overnight LP
  • mouse on the keys - Out of Body EP
  • Del Paxton - All Day, Every Day, All Night LP
  • Special Explosion - TBA LP
  • Ratboys - TBA LP
  • Us and Us Only - TBA LP
  • Slingshot Dakota - Broken 7"
  • tricot - 3 LP
  • No Vacation - TBA EP

tytytyty

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, topshelfsquad said:

Anyway to update the OP with updated info? thanks sorryyyyy

Updated the releases and added in a pretty important detail that I left out regarding the charities.  If you want anything else added just PM me and I'll get it in.  Same goes for if I slack on updating the releases, just give me a nudge and I'll get on it.

Also, did I miss the email with the 15% off code in it?