PO: Frank Ocean - Blonde (Black Friday Promo ONLY)

On 11/27/2016 at 5:58 AM, timsimmons said:

I also think Frank Ocean is "difficult" enough to keep physical sales to one day ever. 

Frank is infamous among his fans for being difficult. This man cannot be trusted to follow any type of conventional... anything. I figure a wider release may appear next year, but those black friday covers were once and done. 

I misread your original post. You're 100% right.

Edited by decade03
Misread

On 11/27/2016 at 3:46 AM, azvd said:

It makes me think that Blonde is getting a regular, wide release and the Black Friday 24h thing was a way to push the release and give people the opportunity to preorder it, although the site didn't make it clear. Perhaps an exclusive color?

If I had to guess, the wider release would have the standard artwork with white background and color photo, whereas the Black Friday one is just black and white. Queens of the Stone Age did something similar a couple of years ago for "...Like Clockwork."

Then again, that makes too much sense, so that probably isn't the case and my baseless guessing is flat-out wrong. Frank's gonna Frank however Frank wants. 

I think I ordered with like 5 minutes left. Glad I did since it looks like the aftermarket is ridiculous. The parallels between this release and the bootleg are funny, with all the "for promotional use only" and the fact that it was only up for basically a day to emulate the hard to get nature of the bootleg drop. Sounds fucking crazy but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

I think I ordered with like 5 minutes left. Glad I did since it looks like the aftermarket is ridiculous. The parallels between this release and the bootleg are funny, with all the "for promotional use only" and the fact that it was only up for basically a day to emulate the hard to get nature of the bootleg drop. Sounds fucking crazy but who knows.

Hoping the aftermarket cools down once these are in hand. The same way the Kendricks turned out, they're everywhere now

32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hoping the aftermarket cools down once these are in hand. The same way the Kendricks turned out, they're everywhere now

Not a very good example, those were a signed edition (that ran for days, not 24 hours) on top of a normal release, hence why the market was able to cool down since they were in all shops (even before the signed edition shipped)

This will be an entirely different story, especially with no normal release details anywhere on the horizon.

1 hour ago, sillybarry said:

FYI you can just buy albums because you like them. It doesn't have to be $10 or limited for it to be good. This album is easily one of (if not the) best album of 2016.  

Thank you silly barry. Not sure how anyone's gonna just buy it since it is limited and not available though.

10 hours ago, GazHilarant said:

I dont suppose anyone got an extra before  spend 150

I'd wait until people start getting theirs in hand as i bet a quarter of the sales were by people planning on reselling them. So there should be more of them on ebay once people get them in hand which should cause the prices to drop at east a little. people selling them now are smart.

I revived an email this morning also saying my order has been cancelled. It doesn't make any sense. I am beyond upset seeing that I just sold and shipped the bootleg copy I had gotten 3 weeks ago at a record store 4 hours away.  I figured I'd sell that one and use the funds to order the official release. I'm so screwed.