PO Now Run The Jewels 3

7 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Definitely should be.  "Standard" copies (anything that's not the LPx4 version) should all be on gold.

Barring Amazon, I'm wondering what the holdup is for the rest of reliable retailers like Amoeba and Bull Moose.

23 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Tweeted at BM asking for an updated and they replied with " Unfortunately, it's going to be a while. Details are still being finalized. It will happen eventually." I asked if they think they'll be an indie exclusive, but they haven't gotten back to me on that yet. 

I kinda doubt there will be since standard copies will all be colored vinyl anyways

3 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Tweeted at BM asking for an updated and they replied with " Unfortunately, it's going to be a while. Details are still being finalized. It will happen eventually."

Well that's... moderately annoying.  Bull Moose are always on the ball with preorders, so I'm really curious what kind of snags or holdups there may be.  Part of me wonders if there's some sort of weird exclusivity deal going on; just this morning RTJ were posting how all versions of RTJ3 are up for order exclusively through their website.  I don't know how that works but it certainly feels like a time-gated deal, seeing as no indie distros have put up pre-orders yet.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Well that's... moderately annoying.  Bull Moose are always on the ball with preorders, so I'm really curious what kind of snags or holdups there may be.  Part of me wonders if there's some sort of weird exclusivity deal going on; just this morning RTJ were posting how all versions of RTJ3 are up for order exclusively through their website.  I don't know how that works but it certainly feels like a time-gated deal, seeing as no indie distros have put up pre-orders yet.

Coulda sworn I got an SRC email this morning with a PO for RTJ3...

yeah, I did:

https://www.srcvinyl.com/run-the-jewels-rtj3-lp.html?mc_cid=4ce940ac66&mc_eid=d64b925b84 

Edited by rooks

52 minutes ago, rooks said:

Coulda sworn I got an SRC email this morning with a PO for RTJ3...

yeah, I did:

https://www.srcvinyl.com/run-the-jewels-rtj3-lp.html?mc_cid=4ce940ac66&mc_eid=d64b925b84 

Good find, but I'd rather pay the $40 PPD (or even more) from their official site before giving any money to SRC.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they jumped the gun with that listing as they so often seem to do.  Feels like an "actually we won't be receiving this so you're stuck with store credit" ruse just waiting to happen.

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Good find, but I'd rather pay the $40 PPD (or even more) from their official site before giving any money to SRC.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they jumped the gun with that listing as they so often seem to do.  Feels like an "actually we won't be receiving this so you're stuck with store credit" ruse just waiting to happen.

Absolutely - just thought it was worth mentioning since this doesn't seem like SRC ordered 50 from the RTJ site and marked them up 15 bucks. They're basically selling for what's considered MSRP at this point - so they have to be sourcing it from somewhere else. (if they are actually sourced.)

I'd think the same type of distributor-route that any other Indie would use. Surprised it's not listed more places yet - the first thing I did when I got the SRC email was check BM.

Edited by rooks

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

the first thing I did when I got the SRC email was check BM.

If I'd allow SRC to pollute my inbox, that's the same exact thing I'd do as well.  I think you're right about the pricing; hopefully it's a sign that more distros aren't far off from offering it.  I definitely trust Bull Moose and their response, and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there was actually some fine print or details to hash out that SRC just swept under the rug.  Gotta' move those those units as quickly as possible.

1 minute ago, _James_ said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Run-Jewels-3/dp/B01MRSRJS7/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1481053869&sr=1-1&keywords=run+the+jewels+3

This is an incredible price, but does anyone have any experience with Amazon preorders? Would they be likely to term it as mispricing and hike it to ~£25 upon release?

Amazon will never jack the price up and send it without telling you. Often times they honor prices like this. I just jumped at it. No risk, imo.