PO Now Run The Jewels 3

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

was skeptical on hopping on a pre order cuz I kinda wanted the chain..

would my best bet be an indie retailer or are there certain online shops offering it as well? 

Not sure where you are, but Music Millenium in Portland had one with the chain as of Friday.

anyone here from the UK pre order their copy from the RTJ website? My copy was shipped 12th January but still hasn't arrived which is a bit unusual for an order from the US. I didn't pick a tracked FedEx shipping option (due to cost) so I've no way of tracking it... am I worrying too soon that FedEx have lost my order?

sorry to harp on this..

" Hello thepunkguy,

Your offer on Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3 test pressing has been declined.

No further offers will be considered on this item.

If you would like to purchase the item at the current listed price just click the "Add to Cart" button and proceed with checkout.

Happy Collecting,
Discogs

"

I offered this dude 350.0 for this fucking test.

how come no one is reasonable on discogs anymore.

these people SUCK.

3 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

sorry to harp on this..

" Hello thepunkguy,

Your offer on Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3 test pressing has been declined.

No further offers will be considered on this item.

If you would like to purchase the item at the current listed price just click the "Add to Cart" button and proceed with checkout.

Happy Collecting,
Discogs

"

I offered this dude 350.0 for this fucking test.

how come no one is reasonable on discogs anymore.

these people SUCK.

Would you have actually paid  $350 for it?? Wow. Commitment!

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've looked at his last few posts and I think I've discovered a secret message. From what I've gathered, what he's trying to communicate is: "Block me; I'm a huge turd."

I can sympathize with the scene hair since he's from Russia where MySpace is probably blooming for the first time – which means Facebook, iPhones, and many strides from 2007 aren't far off at all, and I'm genuinely excited for him – but I still don't get how or why it'd be implied that RTJ3 moves at a slower pace than RTJ1 or RTJ2.

Aww man, RTJ2 has so many fucking bangers though!"

Is it just me, or are All My Life, Early, Crown, and even Angel Duster on the slower side?  They certainly don't go any "harder" than the moments on RTJ3 that aren't as aggressive or instantly catchy as the immediate standouts.  Maybe that's just me.  RTJ3 wasn't as immediately gratifying with its hooks on the first listen or two but after getting comfortable with it, I'd call it a very well-paced record that's on par with their prior catalog.  3 for 3 in my books.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Is it just me, or are All My Life, Early, Crown, and even Angel Duster on the slower side?  They certainly don't go any "harder" than the moments on RTJ3 that aren't as aggressive or instantly catchy as the immediate standouts.  Maybe that's just me.  RTJ3 wasn't as immediately gratifying with its hooks on the first listen or two but after getting comfortable with it, I'd call it a very well-paced record that's on par with their prior catalog.  3 for 3 in my books.

Hitting the nail on the head as always Derek

Knocking 30% off a price is a bit much to ask, no? I get that he didn't pay $500, but he did manage to stay on top of things and buy a copy (or 2?).

You think he should just give you a sweet deal because you decided to sleep in? Don't get me wrong, I love to see what this VC community does for each other, but not everyone is a member here.

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I can sympathize with the scene hair since he's from Russia where MySpace is probably blooming for the first time – which means Facebook, iPhones, and many strides from 2007 aren't far off at all, and I'm genuinely excited for him – but I still don't get how or why it'd be implied that RTJ3 moves at a slower pace than RTJ1 or RTJ2.

Aww man, RTJ2 has so many fucking bangers though!"

On point. 

Plus Angel Duster is prob their best song. 

My two cents. I honestly think RTJ3 might be a better record top to bottom but the highs are higher on RTJ2. 

Blockbuster Night Part 1 and Lie, Cheat, Steal are just too good. I'll probably always call RTJ2 my favorite for those two reasons.