~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

4 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Is Com headlining shows or Clark? Are they swapping who plays when depending on the date?

I believe I've read that some shows Clark opens, and others Com does.

Going to the show in KC and might have to arrive late, and definitely, definitely, definitely don't want to miss a second of CT's set.

I will also be attending the KC show. I plan on bringing one record for CT to sign, super pumped. Not sure how excited I am for Clark.  

26 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

TGSNick, do you know if Com is headlining all the shows on his current tour, or if he and Clark and swapping times on various dates? I thought I read somewhere that sometimes Com plays before Clark and vice versa. 

They do indeed swap, although I don't know on a per show basis. I do know that in Brooklyn tomorrow, Com will be going first and Clark headlining, for example.

45 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

They do indeed swap, although I don't know on a per show basis. I do know that in Brooklyn tomorrow, Com will be going first and Clark headlining, for example.

Thanks. I ask because I may have to arrive late to the KC show, and if it starts promptly at 8pm, and Com opens, I may miss part of his set, which I will be bummed about. Though it looks like there is another artist performing that night in KC prior to Com and Clark.

3 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Thanks. I ask because I may have to arrive late to the KC show, and if it starts promptly at 8pm, and Com opens, I may miss part of his set, which I will be bummed about. Though it looks like there is another artist performing that night in KC prior to Com and Clark.

Yeah there's an opener. For the Toronto show it's someone called Roland Tings (:lol:) which sounds more synthwave than Clark judging by name alone.

9 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Yeah there's an opener. For the Toronto show it's someone called Roland Tings (:lol:) which sounds more synthwave than Clark judging by name alone.

Roland tings is awesome, nothing funny about him... you're lucky you even get him as an opener for your date, we didn't. 

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

Roland tings is awesome, nothing funny about him... you're lucky you even get him as an opener for your date, we didn't. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the name. Laughing cause it's fairly clever. But duly noted. I won't miss his set. Is he 100% Roland keyboards only?

For the Detroit/MI heads this weekend who might be gearing up for Movement, set times for Ghostly boys and girls are below:

ADULT.(live) - Sunday 5/28, 9:50pm -10:50pm
Audion (live) - Sunday 5/28, 6pm -7pm
Ryan Elliott - Sunday 5/28, 5:30pm -7pm
Matrixxman - Saturday 5/27, 4pm- 5:30pm
Recondite (live) - Monday 5/29, 7:30pm-8:30pm
Kate Simko - Monday 5/29, 5pm-6pm
Seth Troxler - Sunday 5/28, 8:30pm -10pm

Also, there's a pre-party at Marble Bar tomorrow night (Friday, May 26) with  Matthew Dear, ADULT., Mike Servito, Todd Osborn, Tadd Mullinix, Shigeto, Ritual Howls, etc. etc.

RA Link: https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?955703

Com/Clark was a trip last night. Packed house here in Brooklyn, everyone had a great time. Don't sleep on this tour if you're able to attend.

On another note, PGS-001 is now sold out on the PGS bandcamp! Major shouts out to Zach + Ben and the rest of the PGS team. 

Some copies remain at TGS, then they're gone for good.

Finally made it to the show despite a hiccup (had to basically pay twice for the ticket). Roland Tings was fun: The only hip-hop/rnb played the whole night.

Clark went first, played with more keyboard than you'd expect. It was a great overview of all his styles but some people there weren't quite ready for the noisier, darker sounds. Com Truise went next and played less keyboards than you'd expect (These guys are  borrowing from each other's process it looks like). Played a lot of new stuff at the beginning and the end, played a lot of classics in the middle of his set.

Don't miss out on this show! It's a great pairing, bringing together synthwave purists and older-style IDM fans together. Anyway, bought the (not-that-cheap) split and will play it later tonight.

Edited by armadillo01

• 2 weeks later...