~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

Received my purple cyanide sisters today from Kings Road. Massive crack all the way through the record. It looks like someone took a hammer to the record before it was packed. Hopefully they replace it. I paid the additional $13 for shipping to avoid USPS Media Mail as they just lost a Music Matters order of mine. Good luck to everyone else that has copies coming.

2 minutes ago, Admerr said:

Received my purple cyanide sisters today from Kings Road. Massive crack all the way through the record. It looks like someone took a hammer to the record before it was packed. Hopefully they replace it. I paid the additional $13 for shipping to avoid USPS Media Mail as they just lost a Music Matters order of mine. Good luck to everyone else that has copies coming.

Ha! Mine was cracked too. WTH? I sent them photos of the crack and they are sending me a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

FYI, International shop has a small handful of Purple left (which anyone can cop, regardless of where you are in the world). Both shops have some Black Repress left as well. Thanks all for the massive outpouring of support, it's been a crazy couple of days!

Think that's a sign the other EPs should be repressed ;)

Onward folks! Derek is gonna whip this up on the front page, but wanted to get you guys looped in as well.

Shigeto's latest 2xLP, The New Monday, is out now for pre-order. This is stocked in both US and Int'l shops as well.

Grab that here.

• 2xLP standard weight vinyl housed in gatefold jacket with purple foil backing
  • Limited edition splatter vinyl is limited to 1500 units worldwide
  • CD is inserted in to a 4-panel digipak

Pics:

tU05vwA.jpg

pD3cELp.jpg

RvFfhrM.jpg

I have no value in Ghostly stock nor do I get a price-break on anything they sell, but I have to say it's all worth it to stand behind quality releases, and have the opportunity to give them more of a face here on the forums.  The new Shigeto is no exception.  One of the freshest singles I've heard this year.

I dig the album art, too, but does anyone else see it and feel like the kids on the cover of M83's Hurry Up, We're Dreaming went to college and tripped super hard in a dorm with some friends?  Looks comfy.  Really excited to hear the whole thing.

After listening, I'm quite disappointed with the new Shigeto single.  I'll always respect him as a musician but with each new release, Sadly , I feel he departs from the good stuff I loved about him.  I don't like the direction he's been headed in more and more...  Sounding more like generic (IDM? Housey?) stuff that is typically on ghostly, which is boring, sterile, and not a good thing, in my opinion.  Bring back the sounds from Full Circle and Lineage.

Edit: not willing to listen to it again but I think the first track is the same as the 12" he released on Record Store Day on his own label.  Really crappy stuff, imo.  Do beats or do jazz, but not this bland crap.

2 hours ago, freedumb said:

After listening, I'm quite disappointed with the new Shigeto single.  I'll always respect him as a musician but with each new release, Sadly , I feel he departs from the good stuff I loved about him.  I don't like the direction he's been headed in more and more...  Sounding more like generic (IDM? Housey?) stuff that is typically on ghostly, which is boring, sterile, and not a good thing, in my opinion.  Bring back the sounds from Full Circle and Lineage.

Edit: not willing to listen to it again but I think the first track is the same as the 12" he released on Record Store Day on his own label.  Really crappy stuff, imo.  Do beats or do jazz, but not this bland crap.

I'm glad somebody has said something. I feel the same way... or at least ever since he hooked up with Z... I think he totally shifted his own sound to tailor his, which sucks. I was honestly so disappointed in the ZGTO album that I didn't even order it and I am a Shigeto completist when it comes to physical releases. not to mention how bummed I was to see Z on like 3 tracks of SHIGETO's new album here.. it's really sad to see one of the most unique electronic musicians abandon all that made him who he is so he could sell out to this pop/mumble rap crap of a trend 

Man, I guess I'm not getting the hate for the new track.  I'm not a devout Shigeto fan or anything – I've still never checked out ZGTO – but I actually thought the blend of genres was refreshing.  You also have to understand that it's the first song on the record and probably going to pull out a few stops to stand out from the rest of the record, if not to grab attention.  I think that if Shigeto was really deviating from his sound and collaborating with a hip-hop artist on every track, the album would probably be released under a different project name – but I could be entirely wrong.  Either way, I'm interested to hear the new directions on the full album, for better or worse.  Being a double LP, he's got room to experiment while also appeasing longtime fans.

I actually feel Shigeto has been heading this way for a while now.  No Better Time Than Now first and then Intermission seemed to start the dancier/house stuff more progressively each time, imo.  I'm sure there will be a few hot ones and some nice jazzy spice on the new album - just hope it's not continuing strictly with the "housier" stuff.

ZGTO is a decent project to me, although I've only listened to it a few times so far.  I feel it could've been more than it was, but there's a few rad tracks. I actually really appreciate ZelooperZ and think he is way underrated as a rapper.  Posted a few bangers in the hip hop thread but they need reposted here!  Production by Bulletproof Dolphin!!!

34 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

The fun never stops.

PGS-002. Zachary Saginaw & Bill Spencer. Physical only, ships tomorrow.

https://goo.gl/dJYYPY

wow I should have just waited to grab this from you guys, I literally paid $25 shipped through their bandcamp...

EDIT: I guess there's a /200 version with blotter paper that is $7 more, which is the one I got.  $7 extra for an insert is insane, wish I would have opened my eyes a bit more before ordering.

https://portagegaragesounds.bandcamp.com/album/real-talk

Edited by ethereal