~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

7 hours ago, _stretts said:

Dunno what ya'll on about this new Shigeto is fire - tuned into it last night at 3am when I couldn't sleep and the vibes were bumping

I think the problem is that it bumps in a different way everyone else wants it to.

I'm not saying that it can only thrive in the night setting, but you're absolutely right – as soon as I heard the song, the first thing I thought of was how badly I wanted to play it the next time I'm on the road after the sun has gone down.  I revisited it this evening to make sure I wasn't going crazy or giving in to any kind of bias, and sure enough... it's a jam.

On 15.8.2017 at 4:17 PM, TGSNick said:

Onward folks! Derek is gonna whip this up on the front page, but wanted to get you guys looped in as well.

Shigeto's latest 2xLP, The New Monday, is out now for pre-order. This is stocked in both US and Int'l shops as well.

Grab that here.

• 2xLP standard weight vinyl housed in gatefold jacket with purple foil backing
  • Limited edition splatter vinyl is limited to 1500 units worldwide
  • CD is inserted in to a 4-panel digipak

Pics:

tU05vwA.jpg

pD3cELp.jpg

RvFfhrM.jpg

Nick, can't find the splatter on the Intl' store? Already gone?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ethereal said:

"very limited" yet nobody will release pressing numbers 

Hype.

The stupidest ghostly thing though: 

Trying to save money on shipping, buying 3 records, having order cancelled and then be lectured/shat upon and subsequently told I was being "banned" from purchasing (cue: sarcastic tears) for trying to order more then two, only for the exact same record to available literally everywhere for the same price or cheaper (e.g., ZGTO release) and you can buy however many the fuck you want of their "limited" pressing of 2000 available anywhere.  Stupid business practice and disrespect for willingly paying customers.  

22 hours ago, ethereal said:

"very limited" yet nobody will release pressing numbers 

We don't typically release this info as they're represses rather than OG, which were limited in both variants ( similar to represses of Dive, No Better Time Than Now, In Decay). 

Purple is out of press, though, and no more are being made as of this moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile, guys! Shigeto officially releases tomorrow, and most of you should have received the record by now. The last of our orders have shipped out today. Big thanks for all the support that you guys have given us, it's always great to see the community show out.

Kllo releases 10/20, which is next up on the docket.

However, I wanted to whet your guys' collective appetite for a truly beautiful release we've been lucky enough to get our hands on.

Patricia - Autotomy

This one came from the good folks over at Sleeperhold Publications in Belgium, and we've got a handful of the worldwide total pressing of 350. Physical only, no digital format (i.e. download card). One-sided LP, the A-side contains music and the B-side contains an artist etching by Louis Reith. 

Shipping now! (Stocked in US Store only)

patricia-sleeperhold_1024x1024.jpg?v=150

SHP6_Patricia_05_1024x1024.jpg?v=1507220

SHP6_Patricia_04_1024x1024.jpg?v=1507220

Edited by TGSNick

4 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

Patricia - Autotomy

This one came from the good folks over at Sleeperhold Productions in Belgium, and we've got a handful of the worldwide total pressing of 350. Physical only, no digital format. One-sided LP, the A-side contains music and the B-side contains an artist etching by Louis Reith. 

https://soundcloud.com/sleeperhold-publications/shp56-patricia-autotomy-trimmed-tracks

On 10/3/2017 at 11:23 PM, zdkaiser said:

That Black Marble It's Immaterial album is incredible. It flew under my radar for too long and now I listen to it daily. 

Didn't think Ghostly would release this genre of music, it's both lo-fi post-punk, yet new wave, and so good. 

I agree it's really good.  I was also able to get the powder blue pressing shipped from a store in Chicago too.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still alive guys!

Massive announce today. We're reissuing Dabrye's 2001 release One/Three on vinyl for the first time as a 2018 remaster, which includes his Payback EP. We're reissuing his 2006 followup Two/Three, and we've just announced the end to the trilogy, 2018's Three/Three.

Notes on Three/Three:

• 2xLP standard weight vinyl housed in matte laminated jacket with black foil accents
  • Limited edition clear vinyl is limited to 1250 units worldwide
  • LP includes 24-page 11"x11" zine designed by Michael Cina
  • CD is inserted in to a 6-panel digipak
  • Artwork by Michael Cina

Tracklist:

01 Tunnel Vision [ft. Guilty Simpson]
02 Emancipated [ft. Ghostface Killah]
03 Tape Flip Too
04 Lil Mufukuz [ft. DOOM]
05 Fightscene [ft. La Peace]
06 Electrocutor
07 Stranded [ft. Fatt Father]
08 The Appetite [ft. Roc Marciano, Quelle Chris and Danny Brown]
09 Pretty [ft. Jonwayne]
10 Sunset [ft. Shigeto]
11 Nova [ft. Nolan the Ninja]
12 Bubble Up [ft. Phat Kat aka Ronnie Euro]
13 Vert-Horiz
14 Dr. Shroomen [ft. G&D]
15 Sisfo Ridin’ [ft. Clear Soul Forces]
16 Culture Shuffle [ft. Kadence, Intricate Dialect and Silas Green]
17 Honey
18 First Law of Nature Rock Day [ft. Denmark Vessey]
19 Tahn Ice Rhythm

On top of all that, we've reissued Dabrye's Instrmntl on Blue vinyl, which was originally released on Eastern Developments. To cap this all off, we're offering all of the above titles in a box set which is limited to 500 units worldwide.

All of the above are now available for PO in both US and Int'l shops.

Peep the announce via Pitchfork, and check the single out now: The Appetite (feat. Roc Marciano, Quelle Chris, & Danny Brown)

The Ghostly Store's collection link is here.

6sb2F9X.jpg

wntunRg.jpg

5EgL3Fz.jpg

7Xvtn7p.jpg

AQidnpz.jpg

Edited by TGSNick

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ethereal said:

Turntable lab has an exclusive variant of No Better Time Than Now /300

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/shigeto-no-better-time-than-now-colored-vinyl-vinyl-lp-turntable-lab-exclusive

will there be other variants through other retailers as well @TGSNick ?

Saw this as well - but hey Nick - a chance to see also represses of the older Shigeto material?