~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

Still lots to tweak and revise on this thread, with some stuff going on behind the curtains on my home desktop.  I'm all for suggestions.  The current idea behind the title was to keep the first part of it static and easy to spot (maybe in all caps or with some unique characters / text decorations that are impossible to miss), and have the second half pertain to new info.  The idea there is to have the thread recognizable, but also informative at a glance.  Just in case there's anyone who only checks in when there's new releases.

But I also don't mind giving it a catch-all title that never changes, and leaving it up to the individual to check in with each bump.  That's actually less work for me.

It's a little winded.  I was theorizing something like;

~GHOSTLY HQ // New PO: Jacaszek – KWIATY

Where everything after the // would be changed accordingly.  "~GHOSTLY HQ" would be easy to spot a mile away, especially if it's "starred" in the directory.  I think most folks will quickly figure out what the thread entails so I'm not 100% confident that the contents necessarily need to be in the title.  But for brand new users, I could see the advantage.  Just my thoughts – it's everyone's thread and not my own, so I'm fully prepared to go with the majority's sway.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It's a little winded.  I was theorizing something like;

~GHOSTLY HQ // New PO: Jacaszek – KWIATY

Where everything after the // would be changed accordingly.  "~GHOSTLY HQ" would be easy to spot a mile away, especially if it's "starred" in the directory.  I think most folks will quickly figure out what the thread entails so I'm not 100% confident that the contents necessarily need to be in the title.  But for brand new users, I could see the advantage.  Just my thoughts – it's everyone's thread and not my own, so I'm fully prepared to go with the majority's sway.

I like this. My only suggestion would be for situations like right now where we've got multiple POs going simultaneously, maybe including both in the title?

Maybe something like: "~GHOSTLY HQ // Newest PO: Jacaszek – KWIATY, Geotic - Abysma" or even just including the artist names and leaving out the titles? I.e. "~GHOSTLY HQ // Newest PO: Jacaszek, Geotic"

Basically I want to get across from a glance without diving into the thread that multiple POs are going down as that's pretty common for us, specifically now since Geotic is moving more units than Jacaszek as he's got a bit more of an audience. Spitballin', but let me know your thoughts all!

1 hour ago, TGSNick said:

I like this. My only suggestion would be for situations like right now where we've got multiple POs going simultaneously, maybe including both in the title?

Maybe something like: "~GHOSTLY HQ // Newest PO: Jacaszek – KWIATY, Geotic - Abysma" or even just including the artist names and leaving out the titles? I.e. "~GHOSTLY HQ // Newest PO: Jacaszek, Geotic"

Basically I want to get across from a glance without diving into the thread that multiple POs are going down as that's pretty common for us, specifically now since Geotic is moving more units than Jacaszek as he's got a bit more of an audience. Spitballin', but let me know your thoughts all!

100% agree and plan on implementing some kind of "PO1 + PO2" structure in the thread title.  I'm on mobile until the evening so it's all a pain to adjust on the fly until I'm at my desk, but I fully intend to make some headway on the thread, finally, tonight.

Also that KWIATY variant turned out gorgeously.  Love how the colors play off the sleeve.

2 hours ago, TGSNick said:

Derek! Awesome job. Love the main post. Thanks so much for taking the time once again to handle all of our suggestions! Everything looks perfect to me.

Thanks for the kind words, Nick.  There's still plenty in the pipeline and I'm constantly revising and tweaking the designs, it seems, but I like the idea of the first post being a living, breathing thing that adapts with the rest of the thread as it's updated.  I just wanted to get the Spotlight / pre-order features up while they're still especially relevant.

Guys, if anyone is thinking of making a music purchase today, I would encourage you all to do so via our Bandcamp page rather than The Ghostly Store.

Today, Bandcamp is donating 100% of proceeds to the ACLU in response to the egregious and disgusting policies implemented by the orange fascist currently occupying the White House.

Read Bandcamp's statement here.

See which labels/artists are donating as well here (over 150 as of writing).

Ghostly's Bandcamp page is here.

Edited by TGSNick

aaaaand the newest cut off of Moiré's No Future is live on NPR! Super grimey.

Peep that here.

Also, we've just uploaded our newest At Work playlist, which is handpicked by the team (all 11 of us!) and regularly updated. If you need some tunes, here's a good place to start.

Edited by TGSNick

23 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

aaaaand the newest cut off of Moiré's No Future is live on NPR! Super grimey.

Peep that here.

Also, we've just uploaded our newest At Work playlist, which is handpicked by the team (all 11 of us!) and regularly updated. If you need some tunes, here's a good place to start.

yes and yes.  thank you for both.  

loving the spotify playlist idea as well, when ever you guys change it up, please feel free to throw the link in here.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

yes and yes.  thank you for both.  

loving the spotify playlist idea as well, when ever you guys change it up, please feel free to throw the link in here.

For sure! We update the playlist pretty regularly. Also, feel free to follow if you've got Spotify.

Here's some more B-side waxy goodness for y'all! Geotic is bottom left ;) 

UFFYQui.gif

4 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

Here's some more B-side waxy goodness for y'all! Geotic is bottom left ;) 

do you know if no future will be distro'd?  I have my eye on a blue copy but can't quite pull the trigger yet.

also, are the only differences on the blue variant that it comes with printer inner sleeves? (opposed to black generic sleeves on the black version)

On 2/3/2017 at 4:24 PM, ethereal said:

do you know if no future will be distro'd?  I have my eye on a blue copy but can't quite pull the trigger yet.

also, are the only differences on the blue variant that it comes with printer inner sleeves? (opposed to black generic sleeves on the black version)

Yup, it'll be handled by Secretly Distribution.

Regarding the blue variant packaging differences, aside from the printed inner sleeves, it comes with an embossed cover.

Edited by TGSNick

So, in the past we only offered WAVs for our Spectral Sound releases, but as of today, all future releases will be offered in WAV alongside standard MP3 formats. 

I'm uploading Geotic, Moiré, Jacaszek, and Lusine WAVs now and will be good to go in about an hour or two, depending on whether our servers want to play nice. Lossless Heads unite! 

In other news, a couple new ones from Moiré off No Future:

Ramping up for next week's Moiré release, little interview with RBMA providing some background on the album given all the shit that's going down these days. If you haven't yet, check out the cuts currently on Spotify/Soundcloud. I'm personally super excited for this one.

Also, we've got a restock in of our record crates! If anyone is in the market for some vinyl storage solutions with subtle Ghostly branding, look no further.

Edited by TGSNick