~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

2 hours ago, erthan said:

So Canadians are back to ordering from the International shop? I'm getting a "we do not ship to this location" when I try and check out from the US store. Any chance the Cassette will be added to the International store, in this case? 

You can choose either US or International Shop without restriction from Canada, though the cassette won't be available in the International Shop.

Personally, I would stick with the International Shop because as I said, I've only been made aware of import duty affecting one UK-to-Canada order among hundreds (thousands, actually). Shipping is cheaper that way, so it's really up to the customer's discretion. 

That being said, you should definitely not be getting an error in either store (you should have the ability to check out in either one). Was your cart mixed containing both US and "- International"-suffixed items?

Edited by TGSNick

16 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

It's a bit of an "at your own risk" thing.

Personally, I would stick with the International Shop because as I said, I've only been made aware of import duty affecting one UK-to-Canada order among hundreds (thousands, actually). Shipping is cheaper that way, so it's really up to the customer's discretion. 

That being said, you should definitely not be getting an error in either store (you should have the ability to check out in either one). Was your cart mixed containing both US and "- International"-suffixed items?

Ah maybe I had it mixed up by accident. 

That's good to know about the duty thing. I'll take the risk. 

Will grab the limited Com Truise and A Certain Distance (finally!!) shortly. 

So glad y'all repressed it. I followed it on Beat Delete for so long hoping it would reach the goal. 

Thanks as always! 

11 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

/500  each total

Edited by lethalenforcer

7 minutes ago, erthan said:

Ah maybe I had it mixed up by accident. 

That's good to know about the duty thing. I'll take the risk. 

Will grab the limited Com Truise and A Certain Distance (finally!!) shortly. 

So glad y'all repressed it. I followed it on Beat Delete for so long hoping it would reach the goal. 

Thanks as always! 

Glad to hear it! It's my pleasure. 

19 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

Oh yeah, their exclusive variant is for sure slick.

24 minutes ago, TGSNick said:

Tbh, this was news to me before yesterday. As far as I know this may have been the first deal we've had with them, but not positive.

Did Ghostly insist that Newbury couldn't price gouge? The Com Truise exclusives are both $23.99 for 2xLPs. As of late, all 2xLP albums released by Newbury seem to be priced at $39.99.

Maybe they figured they wouldn't sell at $40 since Ghostly and King Merch both have the new LP priced at $23.

It's kind of a shame to see a Ghostly artist on Newbury, especially CT. That company isn't held in the highest regard with many vinyl collectors. 

3 hours ago, rogeoa8 said:

The new album is 500 with 300 available online, 200 reserved for in-store. You might assume that the repress is the same, but maybe not.