~GHOSTLY.INT // Catch-All Thread

On 8/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, TGSNick said:

Awesome! I'm there with you, don't have as much time to pop in here as I did but I do want to keep you guys up to speed!

FYI to everybody, Shigeto's Weighted EP pre-order has  just been announced as well. Lots to come!

Sounds like he may be getting over his mid career crisis?

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, Derek™ said:

Haters be damned, The New Monday is still a treat to drive to at night.  Hasn’t left my car’s USB (of some 60 albums) since it dropped.  I know it’s not what anyone was really expecting but I attest that it fucks.

I couldn't agree more.  It was definitely a huge shift for him but I think it worked out well and has aged nicely, with the minor exception of the tracks that include Z, can't really stand that dude.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys!

Didn't forget about you all, I just don't have the time to pop in with regular updates any longer (a good problem to have though!), but today we've got Com's newest PO announced:

Ghostly:

https://ghostly.com/products/persuasion-system

Bandcamp:

https://comtruise.bandcamp.com/

Edited by TGSNick

1 hour ago, TGSNick said:

Hey guys!

Didn't forget about you all, I just don't have the time to pop in with regular updates any longer (a good problem to have though!), but today we've got Com's newest PO announced:

Ghostly:

Bandcamp:

Thanks!! Ordered the Sky Blue vinyl, love me some Com Truise !!

1 hour ago, TGSNick said:

Hey guys!

Ghostly:

Bandcamp:

Do you think stores are going to get the blue sky variant or will it all sellout online before that happens?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ghostly has a new Steve Hauschildt LP coming on very pretty limited colored vinyl:  PO's open now.  

Steve Hauschildt preorder link

GI-346 Steve Hauschildt — [Pre-Order] Nonlin

Pre-Order.   Record ships on or around October 25th. Purchase includes download of "Subtractive Skies."

Chicago-based contemporary electronic musician Steve Hauschildt has composed panoramas of synthesized sound for over a decade. First within his former band, Emeralds, an American touchstone of 2000s home-recorded psychedelic noise music, and later across a steady and critically-acclaimed stream of solo releases spanning ambient techno, arpeggiated electronica and post-kosmische styles utilizing synthesizers, computers, and digital processing. In 2018, he extended a collection of rich, visceral tracks titled Dissolvi, his first release on Ghostly International and his most collaborative work to date. Just a year later, Hauschildt returns with Nonlin, an album that’s freer, leaner, and looser, both structurally and conceptually; less linear compared to its predecessor, but still captivating. Developed and recorded in several studios during and around the edges of tour — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Tbilisi, and Brussels — this material emulates an alienating encounter with a smattering of places, a replicant of culture shock, a solitary and stark experience with uncanny environments, melody and dissonance as oblique locales.

Nonlin finds Hauschildt evolving his palette of tools, integrating modular and granular synthesis. The improvisatory and generative nature of modular systems, when paired with his signature grid-oriented and hand-played techniques, guides these compositions slightly out of line to hypnotic effect. Opener “Cloudloss” permeates the mix with an unsettling smog, which reappears and all but engulfs “A Planet Left Behind.” On cuts like “Attractor B” and “Subtractive Skies,” pockets of air rest between sequenced pulses, whose crumpling and flattening folds build into a restrained rapture of crisp frequencies and milky reverb-swallowed coruscations.

The album’s title track and centerpiece logs on to a foreign network, a fractured percussion signal that modulates and stutters into static amidst curious melodic sparkling in the hazy bandwidth. “Reverse Culture Music” casts an elegant and brooding stream of strings, pizzicato and churning bow from Chicago cellist Lia Kohl, against chiming minimalist synth frameworks. A surprising pattern emerges in the taciturn systems at work. Hauschildt continues to expand his already horizon-wide repertoire, here exploring the effects of corrupting coordinates; a flight subject to the collapsable abilities of time in remote spaces, a smearing of the axis to elegiac ends.

Liquid Mercury Vinyl + MP3 DownloadVinyl + MP3 DownloadCD + MP3 DownloadWAV DownloadMP3 Download

Details:

• Standard weight vinyl housed in a die-cut jacket
  • Liquid Mercury vinyl is limited to 1200 units worldwide
  • CD is packaged in a 4-panel digipak
  • Design by Collin Fletcher
$19  Add to cart

• 1 month later...

There will be a Ghostly x Vinyl Me, Please Anthology vinyl box set!

Really curious what these three OOP albums will be?! Shigeto? Aeroc? Kiln?

From the press release...

A vinyl box set celebrating Ghostly's 20th anniversary

We're proud to announce our partnership with Vinyl Me, Please, the premier vinyl company and record of the month club.

VMP Anthology: The Story of Ghostly Internationaltravels through our 20-year history of music. Featuring three albums that have never been on vinyl — including the first vinyl pressing of Ghostly Swim 1 and 2 — and three sought after albums that are out of print, this box set is packaged together but separated out into a month-long experience, and comes with a 4-episode podcast series, deluxe liner note photo prints for each album, and exclusive access to additional written content.

More titles to be revealed for the limited edition 6 album, 8 LP colored vinyl box set. Early access sale begins October 28th, on sale to the public on October 29th. Limited to 500 units.

3 hours ago, freverend said:

There will be a Ghostly x Vinyl Me, Please Anthology vinyl box set!

Really curious what these three OOP albums will be?! Shigeto? Aeroc? Kiln?

From the press release...

A vinyl box set celebrating Ghostly's 20th anniversary

We're proud to announce our partnership with Vinyl Me, Please, the premier vinyl company and record of the month club.

VMP Anthology: The Story of Ghostly Internationaltravels through our 20-year history of music. Featuring three albums that have never been on vinyl — including the first vinyl pressing of Ghostly Swim 1 and 2 — and three sought after albums that are out of print, this box set is packaged together but separated out into a month-long experience, and comes with a 4-episode podcast series, deluxe liner note photo prints for each album, and exclusive access to additional written content.

More titles to be revealed for the limited edition 6 album, 8 LP colored vinyl box set. Early access sale begins October 28th, on sale to the public on October 29th. Limited to 500 units.

I saw this email today as well. I'm pretty excited for the Swim compilations.  I'm curious on price and hoping it's not too steep.  If you're interested, make sure you follow the link and add your email for early access!