PO SOON: The Jesus And Mary Chain - Damage And Joy

Finally announced today with pre-orders going live at 9:00am GMT 9/12/16 The Jesus And Mary Chain's first album in 18 years.

FINAL%20album%20front%20cover%20December

Track List:
01 Amputation
02 War On Peace
03 All Things Pass
04 Always Sad
05 Song For A Secret
06 The Two Of Us
07 Los Feliz (Blues and Greens)
08 Mood Rider
09 Presidici (Et Chapaquiditch)
10 Get On Home
11 Facing Up To The Facts
12 Simian Split
13 Black And Blues
14 Can’t Stop The Rock

Release Date: 24th March 2017

First track Amputation currently streaming over at pitchfork here : http://pitchfork.com/news/70300-listen-to-the-jesus-and-mary-chains-new-song-amputation/

Album will be available on double LP and CD with possibilities for bundles including, signed copies, t-shirts and advanced tickets to their UK tour. All stores can be found here http://thejesusandmarychain.uk.com/store/

Wrong side of Christmas for me and I don't foresee this being hard to track on the street date. Also potential prize winner for shittiest album cover I've ever seen.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

I'm definitely in but with a band this large I can't foresee any problems finding this at practically any record store on the release date. No info on variants and all the mock up images on fb are black so unless people are really itching to have a signed JAMC record waiting it out is a sound idea.

I just realized... looking at the track listing, most of these songs were already released as either Jim's Freeheat project, or Sister Vanilla. Even Amputation sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. It's because it was previously called Dead End Kids released by Freeheat. So it seems a lot of this isn't new. 

1 hour ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I enjoy a good album cover but if the music is good I don't care what's on the front.

That's the whole point. Music first, but if they were really trying to be funny and punk they should have done something cool like the Feederz did and put sandpaper on the cover. I remember when I bought that record I had to double cover it so it wouldn't scratch up my other records every time I pulled it out.

9 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

That's the whole point. Music first, but if they were really trying to be funny and punk they should have done something cool like the Feederz did and put sandpaper on the cover. I remember when I bought that record I had to double cover it so it wouldn't scratch up my other records every time I pulled it out.

Hah, that's pretty neat.

17 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I enjoy a good album cover but if the music is good I don't care what's on the front.

This. I don't like this album cover but that's never going to stop me liking a record and I'm pretty sure recycled music or not I'll enjoy this cos it's JAMC.