Package found 4.5 years later at my side door today!

hori

Crazy thing happened today. 6 years ago we bought a house and there was a side door to the house into the laundry room that the previous owner had bolted shut after having their house broken into. We never bothered to use it and left the bolted locks on it, just put the cats shitting box in front of the door and never thought about it for the past 6 years. Fast forward to today, me and my daughter were outside playing in the first snowfall of the year and decided to bug the shit out of my wife who was cranky inside the house playing some nicky nicky nine doors on her. We started at the front door of course but then decided to open the screen door at the side of the house to give a knock to that bolted up side door with the cats shit box on the other side. I guess I had never opened that outside side door since we moved in 6 years ago as to my shock sitting there was a uline type record mailer with bugs and crud all over it. I checked the date stamped on it and it was friggin May if 2012. The damn thing had been there for almost 5 years!! What the hell! I was sure it would be a disaster after opening that mailer up as it had basically been outside here in Canada for all that time.  The sender did a great job packing it as the bloody thing was in great shape still!  I had no clue what was inside though but doubted it was something of any value and was probably something I had either purchased again or didn't give a crap about anymore. Well it was neither, it was a record still on my want list that I never managed to get around to purchasing and the only album by this band I was still missing on vinyl. It was the original pressing of the Photo Album by Death Cab for Cutie and I know it was the original as the repress came out like 2 years after that damn package was delivered to the side door! 

Edited by hori
Sp

I wish the buried treasure was some rare Beatles first pressing but seeing as I never order anything like that I was just happy it was still in 1 pc. Here are some pictures, have to give a big shout out to Bags Unlimited as it was their mailer that kept it preserved all that time. And as for the shitting box here is a pic with minimal shit. One of my fav jokes goes like this....Do you like cleaning shit out of a small box? Get a cat.

http://IMG_4087.jpg IMG_4088.jpg IMG_4089.jpg IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4091.jpg IMG_4092.jpg image uploading

Edited by hori
sp

3 minutes ago, hori said:

I wish the buried treasure was some rare Beatles first pressing but seeing as I never order anything like that I was just happy it was still in 1 pc. Here are some pictures, have to give a big shout out to Bags Unlimited as it was their mailer that kept it preserved all that time. And as for the shitting box here is a pic with minimal shit. One of my fav jokes goes like this....Do you like cleaning shit out of a small box? Get a cat.

http://IMG_4087.jpg IMG_4088.jpg IMG_4089.jpg IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4091.jpg IMG_4092.jpg image uploading

On 12/14/2016 at 3:29 AM, Han Solo said:

I'm surprised the record itself didn't snap in the cold. When I was a kid I left some CDs in the car overnight and by the morning the cases were cracked. Never made that mistake again, especially in winter 

Odd, I've never had that happen. I usually always have a bunch of CDs in my car.

^^^

Not sure where y'all are from (Han Solo is from Space, where it's cold, I hear) but I live far East coast of Canada where we actually had school cancelled today because of cold weather and high winds lol. I've had CDs crack into pieces, which always had me worried about buying records and not being home once they arrive... but so far 100% success at buying intact-when-cold records.