CONVERGE - Jane Live 2xLP (5 different artist covers) PO Now!

fizio59

I'm not poking fun, and if I am... it's more poking fun of myself and my age.

Converge has been a band a long time and they are a band that used to tour regularly.  They are a band I just kind of assume everyone has seen at some point.  So when I see someone saying they haven't seen them I assume they are young.

Anyway... if you haven't seen Converge you should catch them at some point.  

5 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Converge live is quite the sight to see. I saw them touring for No Heroes with Mastodon. could not take my eyes off the drummer

I saw them in a community center in Foxboro, MA in I think it must have been the winter of 2000, like february/march. It was mind-numbingly cold. I remember the heat in my friend's car barely worked and by the time we drove home after the show to our dorms in Lowell (1:15 away or so) I couldn't feel my feet anymore. It was freezing in the venue too; everyone wore their coats even when they got in the pit. There were four bands, the first of which was my friend's emocore band, then some other band, then Converge. The place had a stage but they set up on the floor and jesus fuck they pounded the hell out of that place. Everyone was very into getting in the pit or at least standing very close while they played because it helped you to stay warm, even though the place was way too big for the number of people there.

Cave In was the last band/headliner and it may have been one of the very first times they played the stuff that was going to be on Jupiter which came out like 6 months later. There was a part where they were playing toy ray guns into their guitar pickups with delay pedals and stuff, in addition to just the general space-rock differentness of the Jupiter material. All the hardcore kids were PIIIIIIIISSED. They were like "what the fuck is this Pink Floyd bullshit??!?!?!!?" and I just laughed.

I didn't know Converge or Cave In that much at the time (I had heard them both here and there) but for everything that happened it was one of the most memorable shows I've ever attended.

Edited by tape

My first experience witnessing Converge live was in 2014. Since they never drop by anywhere near South East Asia, I traveled all the way from Malaysia to Iasi, Romania to visit a schoolmate who worked there. Then took a 15 hours train ride to Budapest, Hungary to watch Converge perform on a ship called A38. It was truly an unforgettable moment watching them ripped thru their set, and having the chance to grab the mic and screamed during the last section of The Broken Vow.

I was quite surprised that the venue was completely deserted right after the show. There was no one else waiting around to meet the band or whatnot. It was only me and one other local Hungarian dude, so we both waited by the band's tour van and got to meet the band. Took photos and asked them to sign on a bunch of stuff that I brought. :)

Looking forward to new material but man, whenever I see new converge material it makes me feel wicked old. When I was getting into HC, converge was the local band opening up for other more "well-known" local bands, if that makes sense. This was pre-tattoos, pre-halo in a haystack, and pre-giving a shit. It wasn't until I moved away in 1997 that I realized people outside of Fitchburg/Leominster, MA loved converge. It wasn't until seeing them away from MA, that I understood how crazy this band was. It's funny how things work out. 

While we are on the memory lane highway: My most memorable show was probably Dive's last show at teh White Eagle with Chorus of Disapproval in 1994 or 6(?). The singer of Chorus went for a stage dive and everyone moved out of the way. A deathly thud rang through the club. The singer says through the mic "Can someone call an ambulance?" Regardless, Converge opened and tore it up. I think I may even have a VHS tape of the show somewhere at my parents place. Would be fun to watch it again, kind of like a time capsule.

I feel like i've mentioned this before but the first time I saw converge wasn't until I believe right before/the release of axe to fall tour with ceremony.

Ceremony (Rohnert Park days)being an opener fucking stole that show. Never saw so many people on stage it was unreal.

11 hours ago, Crabwalker said:

I'm not poking fun, and if I am... it's more poking fun of myself and my age.

Converge has been a band a long time and they are a band that used to tour regularly.  They are a band I just kind of assume everyone has seen at some point.  So when I see someone saying they haven't seen them I assume they are young.

Anyway... if you haven't seen Converge you should catch them at some point.  

They never come near me and if they do, it's probably Chicago which is still like a ten hour round trip. I'd love to see them though. I'm sure Bannon is even more intense on stage. 

I've seen Converge 27 times. It's been a few years since the last time I saw them (Deathwish Fest in Boston, 2014 I think?) but even after seeing them 20+ times they're a hell of a live band to see.

Saw them about a decade ago at a Moose Lodge in Pittsburgh...no stage. Playing mostly songs off of YFM. Nate was about as big a troll as I've ever seen him be. It was awesome.

6 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I really don't mean this in a asshole or smart ass way, but lets please keep this thread about information about this release instead of our Converge stories. This release is too important for me to want to miss anything. 

Too important...

On 12/13/2016 at 11:03 PM, pemulis said:

While we are on the memory lane highway: My most memorable show was probably Dive's last show at teh White Eagle with Chorus of Disapproval in 1994 or 6(?). 

Dive were so goddamn good. I still spin the 1st 7 inch with some regularity. And the Get High demo material. Love that shit.

• 4 weeks later...