ISIS - Wavering Radiant 2x12” Now Available For Pre-Order! (And Everything Else Discussion)

ISISwr.jpg

Robotic Empire is extremely excited to announce pre-orders for a long requested re-issue!  Isis' - Wavering Radiant 2x12" is now available to order in the Robotic Empire Online Store: Order Wavering Radiant HERE!

Choose from Blue & White Splatter Colored Vinyl, Black & White Splatter Colored Vinyl, or Standard Black Vinyl.  We expect the records to arrive mid January and they will ship out ASAP after arrival.  Remember, if you are ordering other items along with the Wavering Radiant pre-order, those items will be held and will not ship until Wavering Radiant arrives to us.

The music of Isis is a suitable metaphor for their 12-year career; patient, meticulous, fraught with tension and gradually building towards an apex of seismic proportions. Isis have successfully navigated the process of growing and evolving without disavowing their initial vision. Wavering Radiant finds every component of the Isis armoury coming into equal play and becoming an audiophile’s dream. Grandiose without being over-indulgent, epic without compromising focus.Wavering Radiant is the fifth and final full-length album by American post-metal group Isis, last released by Ipecac Recordings in 2009 and produced by Joe Barresi and recently remastered for vinyl by Mika Jussila. It stands as Isis' last full-length album, as the band split just over a year after its release. The album continues Isis' history of lengthy songwriting, yet presents a slight departure from the soft-loud dynamics and post-metal aesthetic which characterized previous releases.Reviewers noted a continued increase in melody from previous releases, and many were quick to note an increased prominence of keyboardist Bryant Clifford Meyer's work, using a Hammond B3 organ. In keeping with Isis' retinue of concept albums, a thematic strand runs throughout, dealing with dreams and Jungian psychology. Robotic Empire is thrilled to once again to supply this gatefold, double-LP vinyl edition of ISIS’ classic album on black and limited colored vinyl!

And then in case you all missed our last distro update in November, we are relisting those items below for you to look over, lots of great tunes here:

New Items
1 Mile North - Awakened By Decay 180 GRAM BLACK VINYL 2x12" (Wortcunner)  $24.99
American Football    -    Self-Titled 2006 - 180 GRAM ORANGE COLORED VINYL    12"    (Polyvinyl)     $24.99
Baton Rouge    -    Fragments D'Eux Memes    12"    (Adagio830)  $10.99
Crows An Wra    -    Kalopsia - CLEAR BLUE COLORED VINYL    12" (Adagio830)     $10.99
Dark Blue    -    Red White and Dark Blue - BLUE COLORED VINYL 12"    (Adagio830)     $10.99
Daughters - Canada Songs Cassette (Robotic Empire)  $7.99
Frameworks    -    Smother - WHITE COLORED VINYL    12" (Deathwish)     $9.99
Grumbling Fur    -    Furfour    12"    (Thrill Jockey)     $18.99
Harm Wulf    -    Hijrah - BLUE COLORED VINYL    12" (Deathwish)     $9.99
Hey Colossus    -    In Black & Gold    Cassette    (Cactus)  $7.99
Hollow Sunshine    -    Coward, Leader, Omega    Cassette    (Iron Pier)     $5.99
Left Cross    -    Servants Of Death    Cassette    (Anthems Of The Undesirable)     $4.99
Levitations    -    Dust    12"    (Adagio830)     $10.99
Mere Phantoms    -    Famine For A Slow Death - CLEAR COLORED VINYL    12"    (Anthems Of The Undesirable)     $9.99
Meth Drinker    -    Self-Titled    Cassette    (Cactus)     $7.99
Moutheater    -    Passing Key - PURPLE COLORED VINYL    12" (Anthems Of The Undesirable)     $9.99
Neaux    -    Fell Off The Deep End    Cassette    (Iron Pier)  $5.99
Oathbreaker    -    Rheia    2x12"    (Deathwish)     $19.99
Oozing Wound    -    Whatever Forever - YELLOW COLORED VINYL VINYL    2x12"    (Thrill Jockey)     $23.99
Planes Mistaken For Stars    -    Prey - MAGENTA COLORED VINYL 12"    (Deathwish)     $9.99
Romannis Motte    -    Time Sequences    Cassette    (Anthems Of The Undesirable)     $4.99
Sect    -    Self-Titled    Cassette    (Cactus)     $7.99
Self Defense Family    -    Colicky    12"    (Iron Pier)     $14.99
Senior Fellows    -    The Christened Remains of an Evolutionary Catastrophe    12"    (Dead Tank)     $10.99
Sport    -    Bon Voyage - PINK COLORED VINYL    12" (Adagio830)     $10.99
Sport    -    Slow    12"    (Adagio830)     $10.99
Statiqbloom    -    Mask Visions Poison    12"    (Vendetta)  $10.99
Super Unison    -    Auto    12"    (Deathwish)     $9.99
Swallowing    -    Songs For The Saved    Cassette    (Anthems Of The Undesirable)     $4.99
Totem Skin    -    Still Waters Run Deep    2x12"    (Adagio830)  $10.99
Totem Skin    -    Weltschmerz    12"    (Adagio830)     $10.99
Uninhabitable    -    Self-Titled    12"    (All We Know)     $9.99
Various Artists    -    Heteroticisms Volume 1: TUTH / Heinali Cassette    (Land Animal)     $4.99
Various Artists    -    Heteroticisms Volume 2: Scattered Purgatory / Eolomea    Cassette    (Land Animal)     $4.99
Various Artists    -    Heteroticisms Volume 3: Anders Brorby / Oomny Mozg    Cassette    (Land Animal)     $4.99
Virginia Creep - Self-Titled Cassette (Robotic Empire)  $4.99
Wrekmeister Harmonies    -    Light Falls    12"    (Thrill Jockey)     $18.99

Restocks
Cult Leader - Lightless Walk 12''- DARK RED COLORED VINYL (Deathwish)     $9.99
Decades Failures - Goodby3 12'' (Dead Tank)     $9.99
Doomriders - Grand Blood 12" - PURPLE COLORED VINYL (Deathwish)     $9.99
Integrity - The Blacklest Curse 12'' - CLEAR WITH BLACK SMOKE COLORED VINYL (Deathwish)     $10.99
Oathbreaker - Eros Anteros 12'' (Deathwish)     $9.99
Planes Mistaken For Stars - Mercy 12''- PURPLE SILVER COLORED VINYL (Deathwish)  $9.99
Trap Them - Seizures In Barren Praise 12'' (Deathwish) $9.99

Robotic Empire Online Store

46 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just wanted to say that it pleases me a great deal to see you back on VC.  Hope you've been well.

Thanks man! Yeah, I had to get some stuff figured out in my personal life so I didn't continue to have such a negative internet presence. I'm doing good though. I'm glad to see all of you boneheads again!

Edited by Bronchitis

I was hoping for that clear with yellow splatter that they showed.....  blue and white splatter isn't as interesting to me, unless it's on clear? 

Really wish we had some image ideas.  And do I really need another copy of this?  Ughhhhh I just dropped $100 at TRL for Envy/Mono so I could use my 20% off coupon before it expired.

Also, not a big fan of those massive over-sized reissue jackets they did for the Oceanic and Panopticon remasters. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

So I'm spinning my original white/yellow swirl right now, and the sound is really good.  I'm kind of regretting dropping $30 on an album I already have that doesn't sound bad, but.... oh well.  Curious to hear the remaster.  Hopefully it doesn't suck!  Because there really isn't anything wrong with the original master.

I feel angry at myself for falling into their trap of "YOU LOVE THIS MUSIC, BUT WE WON'T PLAY ANYMORE, BUT WE STILL WANT YOUR MONEY EVERY NOW AND THEN."

The music isn't worth enough to them to honor it by performing some of the tunes live, but they sure as hell don't have a problem using it as a means to keep the cash flowing into their pockets.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr

1 minute ago, Gumbo72203 said:

The music isn't worth enough to them to honor it by performing some of the tunes live, but they sure as hell don't have a problem using it as a means to keep the cash flowing into their pockets.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr

To be fair man I don't think wishing them back together would do much good if it worked, if they don't want to play on their own terms let sleeping dogs lay. I love the band as much as the next post-metal nut but there's something to be said for quitting whilst you're ahead.

By all means hardcore collectors may start to feel resentment at yet another repress of a record they have multiples of already but sorry to say it if you're a variant hunter you choose to burn yourself. Giving fans who are late to the party a second chance to source records they may have missed as they released in an affordable manner is a GOOD thing. Taking the money they make and funnelling it into other projects that don't have the same level of recognition or appeal is also good as it keeps a myriad of bands operational.

12 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Giving fans who are late to the party a second chance to source records they may have missed as they released in an affordable manner is a GOOD thing. Taking the money they make and funnelling it into other projects that don't have the same level of recognition or appeal is also good as it keeps a myriad of bands operational.

^ All this. No one is milking anything or forcing variant collectors to buy multiple copies of their music. That they're making this album available again on vinyl is a great thing. This was the one album I failed to pick up a while back. I'm much happier to pay the musicians reasonable prices for their music, than pay inflated second hand prices to some asshat on the internet.

Edited by throwgncpr

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

To be fair man I don't think wishing them back together would do much good if it worked, if they don't want to play on their own terms let sleeping dogs lay. I love the band as much as the next post-metal nut but there's something to be said for quitting whilst you're ahead.

By all means hardcore collectors may start to feel resentment at yet another repress of a record they have multiples of already but sorry to say it if you're a variant hunter you choose to burn yourself. Giving fans who are late to the party a second chance to source records they may have missed as they released in an affordable manner is a GOOD thing. Taking the money they make and funnelling it into other projects that don't have the same level of recognition or appeal is also good as it keeps a myriad of bands operational.

That's a fair assessment on your last point.  It's just kind of ironic to me, that Aaron feels Isis is done, but they don't have a problem continuing to cash in on what they made.  Because your same logic could be applied to their live performances.  What about all the people who have just discovered them 1, 2, 3 or 4 years ago?  You're okay with letting people buy your stuff again, who missed it the first time, but why not extend that to the actual medium that created the music in the first place, the performance?  

I just think it's a little funny that he has such idealism towards the performance of the material, but not towards the commercialization of that music.  If he thinks getting back together to honor and perform the incredible stuff they created together would tarnish their legacy, why does that not also translate to the physical recorded medium as well?  If new technology allows the records to sound better, wouldn't the same logic apply also to the performance?  Newer, better gear, etc. 

Just looking to stoke a friendly philosophical debate is all :P

13 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

That's a fair assessment on your last point.  It's just kind of ironic to me, that Aaron feels Isis is done, but they don't have a problem continuing to cash in on what they made.  Because your same logic could be applied to their live performances.  What about all the people who have just discovered them 1, 2, 3 or 4 years ago?  You're okay with letting people buy your stuff again, who missed it the first time, but why not extend that to the actual medium that created the music in the first place, the performance?  

I just think it's a little funny that he has such idealism towards the performance of the material, but not towards the commercialization of that music.  If he thinks getting back together to honor and perform the incredible stuff they created together would tarnish their legacy, why does that not also translate to the physical recorded medium as well?  If new technology allows the records to sound better, wouldn't the same logic apply also to the performance?  Newer, better gear, etc. 

So any band that no longer plays live should stop selling their music? Seems super logical.

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I wouldn't call it cashing in when it's literally just supplying a demand and doing so affordably. Re-issuing a record that people want at a reasonable price is not going to change the way ISIS or Hydra Head are perceived by their fan base, doing a tour with no conviction or motivation behind it other than people want it can change and tarnish peoples perceptions.

End of the day if the artist states they don't want to do something no good can come from forcing it and whilst I'd love to see ISIS live I don't want a band to do so reluctantly for other people. As much as art and music by its very nature is consumed by us it is a personal creation of an individual or group that should not kowtow  to its audience's desires unless it no longer wishes to be considered art but customer service.

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

That's a fair assessment on your last point.  It's just kind of ironic to me, that Aaron feels Isis is done, but they don't have a problem continuing to cash in on what they made.

This has absolutely no logic whatsover. So the only music that people are allowed to buy is from active touring/writing bands?  Fuck anyone who wants to buy a Beatles record.

I don't understand how not wanting to create new music is equivalent to not wanting people to hear the music you created in the past.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Not only that, all of their records should be destroyed so no one can ever hear their songs again.

This one made me laugh, lol nicely done. 

6 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I wouldn't call it cashing in when it's literally just supplying a demand and doing so affordably. Re-issuing a record that people want at a reasonable price is not going to change the way ISIS or Hydra Head are perceived by their fan base, doing a tour with no conviction or motivation behind it other than people want it can change and tarnish peoples perceptions.

End of the day if the artist states they don't want to do something no good can come from forcing it and whilst I'd love to see ISIS live I don't want a band to do so reluctantly for other people. As much as art and music by its very nature is consumed by us it is a personal creation of an individual or group that should not kowtow  to its audience's desires unless it no longer wishes to be considered art but customer service.

But what of the demand to see the band play live?  What of the thousands of people (myself included) who would gladly shell out hundreds of dollars to see 2 hours of their music. 

If we're talking monetary motivation, wouldn't that then be just as equally worthwhile of an endeavor?  Because if it's simply about whether people want it, what makes one different from the other?  Why is "we're going to release this record because people want it" okay but "we're going to play because people want us to" not okay? 

Playing devil's advocate, just want to hear people's thoughts! 

8 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

But what of the demand to see the band play live?  What of the thousands of people (myself included) who would gladly shell out hundreds of dollars to see 2 hours of their music.

I think you severely overestimate the amount of money people are willing to pay to see Isis play live...

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I think you severely overestimate the amount of money people are willing to pay to see Isis play live...

You think so, though, honestly?  I think there would be many people who would jump at the chance to spend even like, oh...  let's say $100 to see them. 

If you told me right now I could see Isis for $100, I'd ask "how many nights can I do?"  Maybe I'm just a crazy, over-zealous fan who likes the music too much for my own good haha.  Very possible! 

42 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

If we're talking monetary motivation, wouldn't that then be just as equally worthwhile of an endeavor?  Because if it's simply about whether people want it, what makes one different from the other?  Why is "we're going to release this record because people want it" okay but "we're going to play because people want us to" not okay? 

Playing devil's advocate, just want to hear people's thoughts! 

Bands are human relationships. Adult decisions were made. They currently don't want to get back together and play live for you just like your first girlfriend don't wanna be with you.

Sometimes I imagine the photo of Gumbo in his avatar is "normal" Gumbo before years of careless head banging caught up to him.  Or perhaps one particular show is all it took, and gave one lucky venue the incentive to create and hang a "no stage diving allowed" sign.  In the blink of an eye; concert enthusiast to hospitalized potato in an undersized death metal T.  Years of determination and physical therapy have more or less allowed him to regain basic motor skills and a grasp on vocabulary, but the portions of his brain that calibrate music and excitement are completely shot.  But at least it's music and not food – if Gumbo lost his shit over chicken'n'waffles or pudding pops in every other thread, I'd resign from VC.

Edited by Derek™