Drab Majesty - The Demonstration LP on Dais Records

jrodan

On 12/14/2016 at 9:20 AM, jrodan said:

Drab Majesty is one the of best acts going. If you dig Cold Cave, Sisters of Mercy, Cocteau Twins, or any great goth-y goodness, you need to grab this.

http://www.daisrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/drab-majesty-the-demonstration-lp

Just got an email from Dais about this release. If I had to rely on their email I would have missed the blue. Thanks again for posting this. I'm liking this more and more. Now I need to find some way too rare version of the first album. Wish I could get a copy of the custom cover edition. If anyone has a copy for sale or trade, hit me up. 

New song here

On 12/14/2016 at 9:20 AM, jrodan said:

Drab Majesty is one the of best acts going. If you dig Cold Cave, Sisters of Mercy, Cocteau Twins, or any great goth-y goodness, you need to grab this.

http://www.daisrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/drab-majesty-the-demonstration-lp

Just got an email from Dais about this release. If I had to rely on their email I would have missed the blue. Thanks again for posting this. I'm liking this more and more. Now I need to find some way too rare version of the first album. Wish I could get a copy of the custom cover edition. If anyone has a copy for sale or trade, hit me up. 

New song here

50 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Now I need to find some way too rare version of the first album. Wish I could get a copy of the custom cover edition. If anyone has a copy for sale or trade, hit me up. 

That thing sold out super fast.  I couldn't justify paying $30+ more for the album just because of the sleeve though.

17 hours ago, fish said:

That thing sold out super fast.  I couldn't justify paying $30+ more for the album just because of the sleeve though.

I'm used to that kind of gimmicky crap, unfortunately. And I'm a sucker sometimes. A variant cover is actually more exciting to me than a different vinyl color. I feel like it might be cheaper to do all black vinyl runs and instead do variant covers. That's my plan, if my band ever gets its shit together!

8 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm used to that kind of gimmicky crap, unfortunately. And I'm a sucker sometimes. A variant cover is actually more exciting to me than a different vinyl color. I feel like it might be cheaper to do all black vinyl runs and instead do variant covers. That's my plan, if my band ever gets its shit together!

I'm with you.  I also think the idea for the variant cover was cool as hell.  Probably more than I would pay, but I think it's neat.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I have to say that Dais has been getting a lot of my money lately. I hope they repress Them Are Us Too. My bank account is scared to check out some of the other stuff on the label.

It's pretty hit or miss for me.  Some of it leans a little too electronic for my taste.  My copy of this should be waiting for me after work!

On 1/20/2017 at 10:34 AM, mattycakes said:

any recommendations?

Both Drab Majesty records, both Youth Code(especially Commitment to Complications), and Them Are Us Too, which is unfortunately sold out for vinyl. I'm surprised they still have Youth Code's Commitment  /100 on Clear Red White Black Splatter . Don't know how I feel about Tor Lundvall. Everything I've listened to from him sounds like fine background music when you're reading.

New Drab Majesty sounds great. The icy, smoky blue color of the vinyl fits perfectly with the music.

5 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Both Drab Majesty records, both Youth Code(especially Commitment to Complications), and Them Are Us Too, which is unfortunately sold out for vinyl. I'm surprised they still have Youth Code's Commitment  /100 on Clear Red White Black Splatter . Don't know how I feel about Tor Lundvall. Everything I've listened to from him sounds like fine background music when you're reading.

New Drab Majesty sounds great. The icy, smoky blue color of the vinyl fits perfectly with the music.

I am loving this new Drab album. Them are Us constantly goes from in/out of stock on the Dais site. Black is actually available now.  Very good album, tragic shame about Cash though. I'd push the s/t Youth Code just because I like the rawer sound a bit more for them. I also dig Body of Light's last 2 couple albums a ton. They are more dancy industrial/ebm influenced than DM or TAUT so it won't be for everybody. But overall Dais has been putting out some quality releases and keeping their roster styles varied enough to be interesting. 

13 minutes ago, fish said:

I am loving this new Drab album. Them are Us constantly goes from in/out of stock on the Dais site. Black is actually available now.  Very good album, tragic shame about Cash though. I'd push the s/t Youth Code just because I like the rawer sound a bit more for them. I also dig Body of Light's last 2 couple albums a ton. They are more dancy industrial/ebm influenced than DM or TAUT so it won't be for everybody. But overall Dais has been putting out some quality releases and keeping their roster styles varied enough to be interesting. 

Thanks for the heads up about Them Are Us Too. So strange that I wrote them and just got an email back saying that they didn't have any copies left. And now more copies in the store? Anyway, people need to swoop on that record if you have any affinity for 4AD bands, especially the Cocteau Twins.