Drab Majesty - The Demonstration LP on Dais Records

jrodan

On December 14, 2016 at 4:21 PM, jrodan said:

blue /100 sold out now. still got clear /400 available. sleepers will be sad.

Yes, yes we will be.   Saw a bunch of people post about them when they played Philly last week while simultaneously seeing this thread bump.  Haven't stopped listening to Drab since.  Really, really great stuff and I'm no connoisseur of this style of music.

3 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Yes, yes we will be.   Saw a bunch of people post about them when they played Philly last week while simultaneously seeing this thread bump.  Haven't stopped listening to Drab since.  Really, really great stuff and I'm no connoisseur of this style of music.

Take 2 100% electronica pills and call me in the morning

http://music.georgeclanton.com/

Man, this really blows.  My package arrived yesterday and was marked as rewrapped/inspected by Philadelphia NDC.  I take it the USPS felt the need to inspect the package for whatever reason, problem is they destroyed the jackets in the process.  When they re-packed them they decided to not slide them into the side flaps of the LP mailer, so the records were staggered in the package on top of the flaps which resulted in the jackets getting massive creases around the ring of the record.  On top of that, when they pulled the records out they must've filled out paperwork on top of them because there is heavy indentation marks from writing all over the tops of the jackets.  Excessive scribbling indentations and shit.  Very frustrating and I'm sure there's no recourse I can take with the NDC.  

Fortunately the records themselves appear to be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fish said:

2nd press just posted which has a couple more limited colors:

http://www.daisrecords.com/collections/vinyl/products/drab-majesty-the-demonstration-lp-second-pressing

5th pressing of Careless also posted (someone sell me your black first press)

Tempting to grab a white, but I don't need three copies of the same album, I think...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Rocanlover said:

Hi... someone here who has ordered the second pressing of The Demonstration and/or the fifth pressing of Careless? Have you received your LPs...? 

Dais Records is taking too much time to release these pressings... and no clear answers of the label until now! 

Nope.  Probably just delayed a bit, always happens this time of year.

8 hours ago, Rocanlover said:

Hi... someone here who has ordered the second pressing of The Demonstration and/or the fifth pressing of Careless? Have you received your LPs...? 

Dais Records is taking too much time to release these pressings... and no clear answers of the label until now! 

I received my white copy of The Demonstration a month ago. I was shocked it shipped so quickly. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Andthejets27 said:

Does anyone own this and have a decent sounding copy? Seen lots of bad reviews on discogs. Gonna get black to play it safe but I’m still nervous

i am dumb and was talking about the first album, not this one. my bad.

as for this one, my first press blue transparent sounds terrific.

Edited by jrodan