PO Now: Minus the Bear - Voids

41 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah it's being stubborn. Right now, " "inventory_quantity":445 "

The only thing I can think is that they allotted 500 total copies to be bundle exclusives, which is very possible.

I was having the same issues but I finally got through after 10 minutes and multiple attempts. Keep trying, unless you want the shirt.

Edited by the industry

11 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Probably the same reason I cook complex dinners every week instead of buying frozen garbage. Inconvenient as hell, but damn is the taste worth it.

I just started doing this myself, god damn have my tastebuds been missing out over the years. 

Anyway, new song is pretty good! I didn't like Omni and whatever-the-last-one's-called-again as much aside from the odd track so I might wait for an EU preorder this time round. Hopefully Big Scary Monsters come through with the goods again - their Lost Loves pressing was really nice.

• 5 weeks later...

After a couple of times through, I'll stick with the preorder.  

This is just another step in the progression of what Minus the Bear is/has become.  I'm not disappointed, but that's probably because I didn't have any expectations.   I do enjoy Infinity Overhead though, so maybe I'm in the minority.

Bottom line, if you're expecting old MTB, you ain't gettin' it.

15 hours ago, highfives said:

After a couple of times through, I'll stick with the preorder.  

This is just another step in the progression of what Minus the Bear is/has become.  I'm not disappointed, but that's probably because I didn't have any expectations.   I do enjoy Infinity Overhead though, so maybe I'm in the minority.

Bottom line, if you're expecting old MTB, you ain't gettin' it.

Yeah, this is pretty much it. They don't really excite me any more, but you can't really call it bad in any way either. Silver and Invisible are great songs and I'm sure a couple of others would grow on me if I felt the need to dive back in.

I'm only a handful of songs deep, but I think this album is rad. I actually disagree in regard to this sounding like old MTB, so far I'm mostly hearing super cool guitar parts ran through giant pedal boards. It seems they've moved away from keyboards and dance beats. Structurally the songs are more similar to OMNI and Infinity Overheard but instrumentally it reminds me of the older stuff. A really good Spring album. 

• 2 weeks later...