PO NOW: Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning (OUT 1/27)

16 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

What blows my mind is the single LP is the same price as the double. How the fuck is that justifiable? I ordered FHTI because it's one of my all time favorites and my ex grabbed mine. Aren't these suppose to be shipping now?

Yeah, it's weird. Same with TGUK 20th anniversary vinyl they have.

They are shipping now.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

It's not a double album...

just because an album happens to be 2xLP doesn't mean it constitutes a significant price break from being fit onto one disc....

You should actually look into the manufacturing costs...pressing 2 discs versus 1 disc definitely costs more regardless of the amount of songs pressed into each disc.  

For example: Tony Molina could put out a "double album" and it might fit on a 10" double sided record because his songs are like 30 seconds long...I can't imagine he nor his label would be comfortable charging $30 for a 10" record because it's a "double album".  Inversely you could have some Abstract/Ambient/Avant-Garde artist that has a single "song" that takes up 3 12" discs....neither they nor their label can afford to charge $5 or less because "it's only one song"

Edited by birdwell

1 hour ago, birdwell said:

You should actually look into the manufacturing costs...pressing 2 discs versus 1 disc definitely costs more regardless of the amount of songs pressed into each disc.  

I understand but I can't imagine it being 50% more than the cost of a 1LP of the same album

(in terms of manufacturing, not actual retail sale) because i'm sure the label/company that sells the final product capitalizes more on the 2xLP than during the manufacturing process (i.e. gouging more than it actually cost)

Edited by ethereal

3 hours ago, ethereal said:

I understand but I can't imagine it being 50% more than the cost of a 1LP of the same album

(in terms of manufacturing, not actual retail sale) because i'm sure the label/company that sells the final product capitalizes more on the 2xLP than during the manufacturing process (i.e. gouging more than it actually cost)

No one is saying what the price should be. People are more confused as to why a single disc costs $25 plus shipping in the first place I imagine.

1 hour ago, sergeantscruffy said:

Vagrant have any coupon codes going on right now?

Yeah buy one or more records and get fucked in the ass dry. According to them it's the colorway that makes it so expensive.

I'll stop now.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, futurepasttense said:

No shipping update from Popmarket for the ALK3 bundle order yet . Hopefully that'll come soon? 

And this is why I stuck with BM for a little bit extra... too many horror stories from PM as of late.  Although I did pick up a ~$9 3LP from them recently, it surprisingly shipped rather quickly.

Good luck to anyone who snagged these from them.

On 1/31/2017 at 3:11 PM, dantheriver said:

And this is why I stuck with BM for a little bit extra... too many horror stories from PM as of late.  Although I did pick up a ~$9 3LP from them recently, it surprisingly shipped rather quickly.

Good luck to anyone who snagged these from them.

Emailed Popmarket this morning and they still don't know when they'll get the LPs in stock. Somehow every other online retailer was able to get them in stock on release day, but not Popmarket. Canceled the order there and will order through Bullmoose or Amazon now. 

11 minutes ago, ethereal said:

people aware of popmarket issues that still order popmarket stuff and complain about the issues they knew about are the best

Well, TBH this was the first time I've had a problem with a Popmarket order, but it's also the first time I've pre-ordered with them. I haven't paid attention to Popmarket threads on here. Cool condescending post though.