PO Now: Newbury Comics Modest Mouse Building Nothing out of Something

Jlegg

To be fair you basically hate all colored vinyl, McPherson.  That's like your VC shtick.

But yeah, Newbury is all about annoyingly charging steep prices for a colored variant of records that are readily available for cheap, and this is no exception.  I actually imported a colored variant of this same album over a year ago, and even with international shipping it was cheaper than NC's base price.

Edited by Derek™
Words.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

To be fair you basically hate all colored vinyl, McPherson.  That's like your VC shtick.

But yeah, Newbury is all about annoyingly charging steep prices for a colored variant of records that are readying available for cheap, and this is no exception.  I actually imported a colored variant of this same album over a year ago, and even with international shipping it was cheaper than NC's base price.

Point 1. Haha!

Point 2. Exactly.

For the record, there are non-black color variants that I AM fond of. But I find most color variants to be over the top and annoying looking. I also hate that there are records that are released in more than 4 variants and nowhere in there could they fit a black one.

I also think that pressing on 180g and higher is an irresponsible waste of materials.

5 minutes ago, Jlegg said:

That's cool. I only like the one's that are relevant to my interests.

I like many of the albums that they have exclusives for. I just don't like their tactic and I like even less that it works so well.

• jhulud locked this topic