Searching for an old 45 recorded by my Grandmother

brndnknr

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and have been trying to think of any way I can to find this record. My grandmother recorded a two-single 7" record in 1966. I've been looking for it for years now, but she passed away a couple years ago, and I think obtaining one for my mother would be a priceless gift. My grandmother's name was Carrie J Sappenfield on the record and the two songs are "Vietnam" and "Truck Drivin' Man." It was put out by Tell International Records in 1966. During my search, it looks like a couple of them have been sold on auctions in the past few years. I've dug through countless boxes in record shops and made several calls to no avail. I'm just looking for any leads really, as I know many of you probably know more resources and strategies than I do. 

Thank you so much in advance for any help. I'd really be willing to pay top dollar for one or two copies if I can find them. This is one of those albums that's likely not worth much to many people but would be priceless to have in my family. 

Ill attach a photo of the album if that's any help. hqdefault.jpg

Best of luck. Seems like it might be a bit of a needle in a haystack.  I did a cursory search on Discogs (which I'm sure you've done already), and it seems that there are limited records belonging to that label even listed. Given the address in WA, it's likely it was a very small local label. Your best bet would be to try to contact record stores in the general neighbourhood of Yakima WA. If it's not on Discogs, it's most likely because it's not in the hands of any online sellers of second-hand music; there are other sellers out there, but for now you may just need to put an alert on eBay for the record and perhaps for the record label.

It doesn't look like Discogs has it listed, however it would be worth adding it to the site and adding it to your want list.  I've had success in the past doing this and shortly after having someone put a copy up for sale.

You have enough info from that picture to put a listing up, if you're unfamiliar with this process send me a message, I'll help you out.

17 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

I work in a record store and I'm the 45 guy so if I come across a copy I'll be in contact, good luck on your search. Interesting post, I really hope you can track one down

That would be great! That's one of the reasons I finally decided to post about it. I figured more eyes certainly doesn't hurt. 

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Best of luck finding this OP! 

Warms my heart to see people on VC giving love to a new user instead of posting cat and Shaq gifs--it's an early Christmas miracle.

To be fair, those that get CATSHAQed typically post a stupid question in the wrong forum.

This OP posted a thoughtful question using complete sentences.

I also wish the OP success, but since I'm here...

5kkgu7h.gif

• 9 months later...

Hey, I have a copy of this. It is not for sale. But I can pass on a MP3 and scan. 

I'd also love to hear more about the artist for my project on Vietnam War songs.

Here is my blog: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/JBrummer/vietnam-war-song-project-1/

Here is my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/VietnamSongProject

• 2 years later...
On 9/28/2017 at 5:43 AM, JBrummer said:

Hey, I have a copy of this. It is not for sale. But I can pass on a MP3 and scan. 

I'd also love to hear more about the artist for my project on Vietnam War songs.

Here is my blog: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/JBrummer/vietnam-war-song-project-1/

Here is my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/VietnamSongProject

I haven’t been on here to check this in quite some time, but is that is great to hear that you have a copy of this JBrummer! Is there any possible price you’d be willing to sell this at?! I can’t tell you how much it would mean to me to have this vinyl. 

Edited by brndnknr
Clarity

On 12/20/2016 at 2:10 PM, daegor said:

It doesn't look like Discogs has it listed, however it would be worth adding it to the site and adding it to your want list.  I've had success in the past doing this and shortly after having someone put a copy up for sale.

You have enough info from that picture to put a listing up, if you're unfamiliar with this process send me a message, I'll help you out.

Though you're not technically supposed to add web-subs, I've done this too. If you have enough information, I don't see who it's hurting. I was going to recommend doing this too.

(Not in reply to the quote): Come back to the release page every couple of weeks and if anyone adds it to their collection, shoot them a PM.

EDIT: Didn't read all the way to the bottom of the replies. Also didn't realize how old this thread is. Cool that somebody has it! I hope you can get your hands on a copy now.

Edited by MyckelJay