Fear Before The March of Flames - The Always Open Mouth, Repress 4/2017

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I think a lot of the vinyl interest comes with the time it was released. I was 17 when this came out and didn't give a fuck about vinyl but I bought every CD I could. Now that we've gotten older and started collecting records, all our favorite shit from high school is OOP. 

I absolutely love that this record is being discussed right now. It's always been one of my favorites, and @danoise and I talk about it quite regularly.

Get stoned and listen to Mouth. It's fucking perfect.  

thats fair. i started buying records in my early 20s (and i turn 33 this year) so ive had a pretty good crack at getting just about everything ive wanted to own. im thankful that my "major want list" is probably less than 10 records or less at this point.

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I think a lot of the vinyl interest comes with the time it was released. I was 17 when this came out and didn't give a fuck about vinyl but I bought every CD I could. Now that we've gotten older and started collecting records, all our favorite shit from high school is OOP. 

I absolutely love that this record is being discussed right now. It's always been one of my favorites, and @danoise and I talk about it quite regularly.

Get stoned and listen to Mouth. It's fucking perfect.  

Same. I bought every CD from

every band I liked. I even remember the cool little lyric booklet included underneath the jewel case for TAOM when it released. The art direction for this album especially was rad. 

4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Absolutely.... I remember when Underoath released the 2x10" box set and it was like $40. I was 16 probably and was about to get it even though I didn't have a working record player. Now you can't get it for $200. 

Also remember when Thrice released the Alchemy Index 4xLP and it was affordable. Now you can't get it and it will probably never get repressed...

Naw I doubt it will. I don't even like those EPs but I'd snatch it in a heartbeat if it did get repressed. 

3 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

thats fair. i started buying records in my early 20s (and i turn 33 this year) so ive had a pretty good crack at getting just about everything ive wanted to own. im thankful that my "major want list" is probably less than 10 records or less at this point.

I didn't start until 2012, I just never had the income for it. I think there are only a few records on my list now, Circa's Blue Sky Noise, Taking Back Sunday's Louder Now, Norma Jean's Bless The Martyr, and As Cities Burn's Son, I Loved You... everything else has been repressed or I have a repress on PO. 

2 hours ago, lostindefeat said:

Same. I bought every CD from

every band I liked. I even remember the cool little lyric booklet included underneath the jewel case for TAOM when it released. The art direction for this album especially was rad. 

The art is fucking awesome dude. I love vinyl but there are some badass CD booklets from that era that couldn't be replicated for vinyl at a decent price. 

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

Looks like it was taken down. At least that's what it's showing for me. 

4 minutes ago, ethereal said:

The booklet art is collaged on the inner gatefold of the first pressing, it's awesome 

That sounds fuckin' tight. I'm hoping they do something cool on this pressing. 

36 minutes ago, lostindefeat said:

That would be cool if they made a 10X10 of the lyric booklet too. And the reflective art from the CD booklet would be a nice touch. 

or like they did with Jane Doe or Thrice's TBEITBN

those books are such a pleasure to take out and look through while spinning

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...