Post Your X-Mas

How'd your xmas go? What'd you get? What did you get for people? 

I got:

- Mittens knit by my wife

- Dune novel

- two hockey books

- Red Wings jersey

Got my dad a Bose bluetooth speaker, my wife earrings and a shirt she wanted, sister some jewellery and her boy friend a TC Electronics reverb guitar pedal. 

Christmas day was a bit of a bummer. Wife was really sick and she's 7 months pregnant so it required an emergency room visit just to be safe. Been lounging all day crushing Netflix and eating pizza. World Junior championship starts tomorrow though, STOKED. 

How's yours going? 

Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light and Okkervil River - Away on vinyl. Return to Oz, Shock Treatment, and Justice League Unlimited season one on DVD. An mini Iron Man figure, and The Resurrection of Ra's Al Guhl tpb. My buddy also got me an Amazon gift card, it's intended use was to order the new Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage repress, so that'll be here Wednesday.

From my girlfriend:
- a copy of the game DiXit

- The Last of Us for PS4

- an X-files t-shirt that looks like a rip of a Xibalba tee or something

- some beard balm & lotion

- stocking stuff

- $100 gift card for Amtrak & a travel kit
- some fleece pajama pants w/ the Steelers logo

From her parents:

- an Amtrak zip-up fleece
- couple of flannel button downs
- a couple coffee mugs that change w. heat (from the Amtrak logo, to a picture of a train & scenery)

From my family (had Christmas with them when I was home for Thanksgiving)

- new ceramic coated pots & pans from my parents
- ice cream maker from my sister & her husband
- Legos from my (7 year old) nephew

Parents got me the new Social D box set and a shit load of chocolate (including a 5 pound jar of cocoa mix). 

Sister and bro-in-law got me Rocko's Modern Life on DVD, an autographed Weezer poster, and the Doug Songs From Bluffington 7" (She doesn't know about ETR and I don't have the heart to tell her). 

Friends got me the LEGO Poe Dameron's X Wing and a badass Darth Vader beer stein. 

-Socks

-Athletic pants

-Gym bag

-Microfiber towel (for the gym)

-Shower shoes (for the gym)

-Pajama pants (x2)

-6 pack

-2 movie tickets

Gifts from my girlfriend's parents to both of us:

-New set of pots/pans

-Coffee maker

Also, my co-workers got me a t-shirt with an in-joke on it.

Pretty decent for my 30th Christmas. Granted, nothing will ever top the year I got a Sega Genesis.

3 hours ago, marc32137 said:

That was an awesome year for me too. I got a Genesis and the full set of Power Rangers Thunderzords. 

I had opened all my presents and was hype as fuck on all the cool shit I got. Then my mom was like "Oops...forgot to put this one under the tree..." and it was a god damn Sega. I lost my mind.

Them that night we had a chimney fire and were stuck outside for a couple hours. All I wanted to do was play some Sonic. At one point I was like "The house isn't on fire and there are a bunch of firemen looking at the fireplace...just let me go play videogames and if anything happens they can just grab me and bring me to safety"

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

Didn't get anything too big.  Best thing I got was a Region Free blu-ray/DVD player, so I'm really excited about that.

Also, my buddy got me a copy of the 10 Cloverfield Lane soundtrack from Mondo and a "Badman" Vegeta Funko Pop.

Wife got me a graphic novel I wanted, blu-ray of the anime Basilisk, and an Amazon gift card.

Family got me a couple card games I wanted (new Cyanide & Happiness game and Slash Cards, which is like a "horror" trivial pursuit), socks, pajama pants, a cute frame with both of my wife and I's cats in it, and a big canvas with some of our wedding pictures on it.

I didn't get anything cause I don't do Xmas. But my TV crapped out so I got a killer replacememt during a post Xmas sale. Silver lining is this one a little smaller (55'' was too big for my room), and it's 4k. 

Vizio 50'' LED 4K 2160p that usually goes for $600 that I snagged for $370 after tax. 

vHA2QUU.jpg

Edited by Dave Grohl

Wife built me a raspberry pi gaming system and loaded all the old consoles/games on it.  It's pretty sweet, she even had a case 3D printed to look like an original Nintendo.  And she got me an octopus fetus in a jar.

I got her a cat.