Help- Right side coming through both channels

So I got a new turntable and hooked it up to my Ampeg bass amp, which has two aux inputs. At first, when I plugged into the amp's 3.5mm aux, only the right side came through. After using a headphone adapter to plug into the larger aux, sound appeared to come out both channels. I listened to some (mono) 45s for a while with no problems. Then I put on an LP, and began noticing something was missing. Though sound was coming through both channels, it was only sound that would usually come from the right. As problems had occurred just aux-ing my phone into the amp in the past,  I tried the amp's regular input. There was no change. 

Is there anyway to correct this without buying a whole new setup? I was hoping to keep the bass amp configuration as it eliminated the need to buy a new amp/speakers. I'm banking on the hope there is some adapter to buy, but I'm not so hopeful. If I do have to resort to buying new equipment, what amp and speakers would you guys recommend? I would be searching in the lower budget price range.

Sincere thanks to anyone that helps

That must sound like utter shite.

Your bass amp is most likely Mono and chances are it's not full range anyway being a bass amp.

I don't know what type of turntable you're using but I expect I can hazard a guess and I've also got the distinct feeling you're not exactly doing your records or your ears any justice with what you're using.

Best bet just get some reasonably sized computer speakers or better still some proper active speakers and it will sound as good as it can without spending too much money. Better still get down to your closest 2nd hand shop or get on soemthing like Craigs list and buy a proper amplifier and speakers, it doesn't have to be expensive but ideally an amplifier for only 2 channels not 5 or 7

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about a 1/4" adapter? A lot of those adapters are tip, ring, sleeve (TRS).  You will notice that there are rings on the plug itself. Try not plugging the adapter into the amp all the way (you can usually feel it click over the rings as you push it in).  Instead of pushing in all the way, just push in one click.  This has worked for me with fickle PA systems that just won't seem to accept certain 1/4" plugs and only play one channel. Try it with music playing (out of your phone or whatever) and play with it until both channels come through.  

tl;dr Don't push the adapter all the way in.

Hope this helps.  

On 12/26/2016 at 9:21 AM, AlanPrice14 said:

what amp and speakers would you guys recommend? I would be searching in the lower budget price range.

In my case, you gotta check this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWERFUL-SPEAKER-AMP-AND-CABLE-SET-200W-RMS-HOUSE-PARTY-PRO-AMPLIFIER-PA-DJ-/201779007330 . Amp and speakers packed in one box really saves a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me...   a bass amplifier is a mono (one channel) amplifier... sending a stereo input into it is going to be "mono".    Purchase a stereo amplifier such as Crown pro amp for as little as $50 to $100 used for band or disco use.  It must be a stereo amplifier (in other words a left and a right channel out)!  Plug a pre-amp left and right channel into the amps Channel 1 and Channel 2.... this will give you stereo....   preamp chl 1 into amp input chl 1 and preamp chl 2  into amp input chl 2...  this will separate you left and right signals from each other.... fasten the amplifier out puts to the left and right speakers...  make sure the positive (normally red) and the negative (normally black) are connected to you speakers + (red) and - (black)....