PO NOW: Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog

• 3 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, stillalivetui said:

Special edition cover is better than the mass release version. Fits all the other LP's and EP's.

Standard version matches his hand-drawn ying-yang art. I like that both exist.

edit: and the background behind him on the special edition sorta bring them both together. Hadn't paid much attention to that.

Edited by lethalenforcer

Just now, ethereal said:

this is going to be a clusterfuck for discogs and people adding listings for every slightly different shade of the ombré; should be pretty entertaining 

I'd think the Discogs Gods will encourage a single blue/green/yellow mix listing and call it a day.

Just now, freedumb said:

The people will be angry with the Gods if this happens.

From my understanding, the color variations are due to the gradual mix. So even though they just posted the image with X number of colors, there can still technically be a bunch more that are in between the ones pictures.

I agree though, people will be dumb. But it is their right to be dumb, so I suppose... bring it on.

Firstly, thank you for your pre-order of Mac Demarco’s upcoming LP This Old Dog. Due to the high volume of orders for this title, we will begin printing shipping labels in the coming weeks in anticipation of shipping out orders prior to the release date. As such, you will likely receive an email containing tracking information prior to your order actually shipping. Please note that this tracking info will not become active until we begin physically shipping orders later this month.  As such, there will be delays between the day you receive tracking and the day that tracking shows movement.

This is a necessary step we are taking in order to ensure all pre-orders go out efficiently and on time. We thank you for your support of Mac and for your order. If you have any concerns regarding your order, email [email protected]. Thanks!

Yeah, when I received the mail earlier I felt that CT might have reached the number of initial sales/pre-orders that obliged them to be absolutely transparent about the process if they wouldn't want a nice shit storm on the webs - at least that's my impression from everything I have read about earlier CT pre-orders on these boards and elsewhere.