Favorite Things to See/Do in Colorado?

Hey cuties!

I'm heading out to Denver next week and will also be traveling through to Boulder and Estes Park, and was hoping y'all could shoot me some suggestions of your favorite things to check out in any of those areas? From what I've gathered, Wax Trax and Twist and Shout will probably be on the agenda, but if there's anything fun/kooky/interesting to see, I'd love to hear about it! Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated! :D

Some notes:

Vegetarian suggestions would be cool, but any restaurant is fine, too :) 

Not intending to smoke, and what drinking we do is pretty limited, but again, suggestions welcome! Dark beers + whiskey are favorites

Won't have too much time for snowboarding, but 3-4 hour hikes/excursions are doable!

Edited by chkadea
trying to not be a dingus

It may help if you narrow stuff down. 

A decent portion of my time spent when in Colorado involves alcohol / recreational drug use. If you aren't interested in that stuff then we won't suggest it. 

Any diet limitation. Vegetarian / vegan. 

You are going in winter are you interested in any winter sports. Skiing / snowmobile.

i usually go for 4 days and spend two doing outdoors shit and two going to concerts. 

9 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

It may help if you narrow stuff down. 

A decent portion of my time spent when in Colorado involves alcohol / recreational drug use. If you aren't interested in that stuff then we won't suggest it. 

Any diet limitation. Vegetarian / vegan. 

You are going in winter are you interested in any winter sports. Skiing / snowmobile.

i usually go for 4 days and spend two doing outdoors shit and two going to concerts. 

Gotcha - updated it to be a bit more helpful hopefully :)

Restaurants that might be your jam in Boulder:

Leaf (vegetarian)

Thrive (vegan)

The Kitchen (omnivorous; 3 different restaurant iterations all next to each other)

You'll be coming in the middle of winter which means there could either be 2 feet of snow on the ground or sunny and pleasant. It's pretty challenging to actually make outdoors plan. That said, there's isn't much you can find in Boulder that Denver doesn't already have, minus proximity to outdoors (some good hiking right out of the downtown area). The "center" of town is Pearl Street, and this is where most of the bars and restaurants are (along with a pedestrian mall). Pretty easy to kill a couple of hours just walking down it if you're visiting. There's also some good tea houses and coffee shops.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions...

8 hours ago, Freki said:

Restaurants that might be your jam in Boulder:

Leaf (vegetarian)

Thrive (vegan)

The Kitchen (omnivorous; 3 different restaurant iterations all next to each other)

You'll be coming in the middle of winter which means there could either be 2 feet of snow on the ground or sunny and pleasant. It's pretty challenging to actually make outdoors plan. That said, there's isn't much you can find in Boulder that Denver doesn't already have, minus proximity to outdoors (some good hiking right out of the downtown area). The "center" of town is Pearl Street, and this is where most of the bars and restaurants are (along with a pedestrian mall). Pretty easy to kill a couple of hours just walking down it if you're visiting. There's also some good tea houses and coffee shops.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions...

Thanks for those ideas! Excited to check them out :D I'm used to far more snow than that, so I should be prepared for any outdoorsy things

Black & Read in Arvada is even better than Wax Trax but definitely check out Twist (and the Tattered cover book store next door). Also if you are in that area and enjoy burgers go to City Grille it's not too far and it's amazing (whoops just saw the veggie limitation they probably have options, it's very upscale for burgers). Chain Reaction records in lakewood is really cool too but it's strictly punk and metal records but they have like shirts/pins/patches and other cool curios. The only veggie/vegan I can think of is Marquis, great place to see a cheap show and they have pretty good pizza with punk themed pizza names I think the vegan one is the tofugazi made with the vegan cheese

Edited by NapalmBrain

10 hours ago, seangj said:

I live in Estes Park. Are you coming for the MBD shows? I'll be at Friday and Saturday. Also we have a couple of good breweries and one distillery. Let me know if you want to grab a drink or take a hike in the national park. 

Yeah! We're heading there for the Sunday show, and just exploring around CO that weekend (if Frontier airlines doesn't mess everything up!) Will do :D

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Shit, you're going to see Murder By Death? I'm not a fan, but they're from here. It'd be hilarious to see a band from the same town as me play a show across the country haha. 

Haha, I'm from the Midwest as well! I've caught them in  Seattle, Portland, Palatine, Chicago, Madison, and soon Estes Park. No one is from where I'm at, so traveling is always necessary :(

2 hours ago, seangj said:

Awesome. Let me know if you guys have time for a beer

Deal!