Anyone with experience getting paypal to eat the cost of a record that got beat up by USPS?

Like the title says I'm looking for anyone whos had luck getting paypal to eat the cost of a record that got beat up by USPS? What did you say to them?

Currently dealing with 2. One from Europe that I bought and the cover got destroyed in the mail and a 7" I shipped out that got a seam split and a corner ding.

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Like the title says I'm looking for anyone whos had luck getting paypal to eat the cost of a record that got beat up by USPS? What did you say to them?

Currently dealing with 2. One from Europe that I bought and the cover got destroyed in the mail and a 7" I shipped out that got a seam split and a corner ding.

Reads like the one you sent out wasn't packed correctly. Sounds like the one sent from Europe wasn't packed correctly. 

Or your mail carrier hates you or records. Or both. 

19 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

If he does a PayPal claim, won't they make you do that anyway?

Not necessarily. I recently filed a paypal claim because I ordered a t-shirt and they sent me the wrong size and wouldn't respond to communication for 2 weeks.

The other party responded the day after the claim should have gone in my favor, and paypal said I had to pay shipping back to them to get any sort of refund.

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Records shipped from Europe are almost NEVER packed properly.  Those envelope mailers are garbage.

Seriously. What is it about European shops/labels and the mailers they use? It's either those brown paper mailers stuffed with literally the thinnest cardboard known to man or cardboard mailers made out of the thinnest cardboard known to man.

I've seen UK mailers fold into accordions under their own weight.

A seam split and a corner ding? Maybe tell that dude to go fuck himself?

What the fuck is wrong with people? I've had corner dings and shit on records I bought from Amazon and I did nothing because I'm a sane reasonable person. I know Amazon would replace that shit in a heartbeat too.