PO NOW: Spoon - Hot Thoughts

On 18/01/2017 at 0:03 PM, mondie said:

Thanks for posting this, I went with the purple, only £15 from the Uk store which is the cheapest new release I can recall buying for years.

How much was shipping? When I got a shipping estimate, it was more than 35% of the price of the record and sent the overall cost to over £20.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 9:01 PM, HeartSwells said:

Rough Trade have a clear version of this up, says "Rough Trade/Spoon" exclusive at the bottom, so might also be an upcoming tour variant?

Looks like there is also a 'limited red' version available here too. 

EDIT: I guess red is the standard indie variant. 

Edited by ejc625

• 2 weeks later...

I caught them live on the first show of the tour I believe on Monday. I left my thoughts on the show below, Eric Harvey seems to be out, they have a new keyboardist/guitarist Gerardo Larios. It was his third time playing with them. Everything off the new album sounded really good, like it might be their best album good. The opening song Do I Have To Talk You Into It was a highlight. There was no tour exclusive or anything, but the record isn't out yet either. I got a free download with the t-shirt I bought but haven't tried it yet to see if it'd work early.

https://summerspins.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/spoon-at-the-observatory-in-santa-ana-march-6-2017-concert-review/

Edited by aju2streets

On 3/10/2017 at 4:44 PM, aju2streets said:

I caught them live on the first show of the tour I believe on Monday. I left my thoughts on the show below, Eric Harvey seems to be out, they have a new keyboardist/guitarist Gerardo Larios. It was his third time playing with them. Everything off the new album sounded really good, like it might be their best album good. The opening song Do I Have To Talk You Into It was a highlight. There was no tour exclusive or anything, but the record isn't out yet either. I got a free download with the t-shirt I bought but haven't tried it yet to see if it'd work early.

http://summerspins.blogspot.com/2017/03/spoon-at-observatory-in-santa-ana-march.html

That's a shame. I chatted with Eric Harvey for a little bit before a Spoon show in Dallas. Real nice dude.