Sorority Noise - You're Not As ______ As You Think

4 hours ago, Saxonjulin said:

Even if he denied it? Since when did innocent until proven guilty stop being a thing. I'll wait till facts prove he is a rapist before I start believing a emotionally abusive bitter ex twiabp band member. Nicole makes me sick

You know that the abused came forward and it’s not just Nicole’s word right?

Substream posted update on the SN scandal: 

https://substreammagazine.com/2018/04/sorority-noise-cancel-u-k-tour-following-sexual-assault-allegations/

Looks like a past girlfriend talks about her relationship with Cam and how he was emotional abusive. Also documents how SN guitarist Adam tried to get her to take down a comment to Cams statement. 

My thoughts: Rape is a criminal offense. Its very serious and anyone who does it should face the consequences. Also, Cam seems to have some major issues with control within relationships. Heck as a husband, I have to work on never trying to belittle my wife. Its a fine line, and some of the stuff in this article makes you wonder how men in the society view their relationships/women in general. Very unfortunate for all in involved, especially the victims. 

I mean my problem with all of these situations is the logical inconsistencies almost always present. Sexual Assault is a horrible thing, and everyone should see consequences for it, but it should come from the laws present in a country, not weird underground "street rules".  The consequences for this type of thing need to be more than just "I'm not touring with this guy anymore." If it's true, they should face legal consequences. It always seems like the excuse for not actually prosecuting is that they thought the cops would do nothing, but they can't do anything if they never know about it.  Especially when it's like a whole frat of perpetrators, want to know would stop a ton of bros from raping people? If half of their friends were in jail for their crimes. 

Like Animal Flag recently announced that they were switching the release of "Void Ripper" from Cam's label, a Triple Crown Imprint, to just Triple Crown. But I mean I already bought it. That did nothing. 

19 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I mean my problem with all of these situations is the logical inconsistencies almost always present. Sexual Assault is a horrible thing, and everyone should see consequences for it, but it should come from the laws present in a country, not weird underground "street rules".  The consequences for this type of thing need to be more than just "I'm not touring with this guy anymore." If it's true, they should face legal consequences. It always seems like the excuse for not actually prosecuting is that they thought the cops would do nothing, but they can't do anything if they never know about it.  Especially when it's like a whole frat of perpetrators, want to know would stop a ton of bros from raping people? If half of their friends were in jail for their crimes. 

Like Animal Flag recently announced that they were switching the release of "Void Ripper" from Cam's label, a Triple Crown Imprint, to just Triple Crown. But I mean I already bought it. That did nothing. 

Sexual assault is already highly underreported by victims. Courts prove over and over again to either 1) not financially or emotionally be an option for victims and 2) not deal out consequences even remotely just, if any. Relying on courts only for the consequences these people face is not something I advocate for. Why should someone who’s a known abuser get away from a court of law because the victim can’t afford to fight her case but still have a pedestal to perform on every night? You think Harvey Weinstein should still be employed after everything, because the court should deal with it? How silly.