PO NOW: Scott McMicken - In Your Dreams (2nd solo LP)

DC1221

http://piaptk.limitedrun.com/products/584705-soild-gold-scott-mcmicken-in-your-dreams

You probably know Scott McMicken as the songwriter/singer from Philly Psych-Pop modern day cult legends, Dr. Dog.  If you don't know them, well... that sucks for you. If you love great songwriting and amazing hooks, this is your guy. We were extremely happy to release his first solo album, "IT" a couple years ago (They sold out in 8 minutes!).  Now we have the great pleasure of releasing his second solo album, "In Your Dreams", an album that was written and recorded, entirely by Scott (on every instrument) in 48 hours. But this is far from some weird avant garde throw-off record that stat might infer.  This is a cohesive pop masterpiece. 

Limited to 200 copies on "Soild Gold Gold Vinyl".  35 randomly inserted copies are on Soild Gold Gold with Brown Splatter Vinyl".  

I'm glad that the mailing list went out not too soon after, as people were being told to wait for that as their official sign that the order page was live. Hopefully, as many copies as possible end up in the hands of Dr. Dog/Scott/PIAPTK fans. 10% or more of the copies of his last LP "IT" ended up on eBay and Discogs for $100+. I was lucky to get a marked up copy for *only* $60. Anyway, all parties involved with this are awesome. I hope you all get one.

4 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

I was alerted through the PIAPTK mailing list and went through the whole process as fast as physically possible, still missed out on the LP by itself :-/. Was able to check out with the 2-pack w/ the Be Gulls LP, so we'll see how that goes.

I checked a moment ago and the solo LP was available. There might be some confusion going on with people adding items to carts and abandoning them. Glad you're able to get a copy either way.

Just now, richardsurf said:

I checked a moment ago and the solo LP was available. There might be some confusion going on with people adding items to carts and abandoning them. Glad you're able to get a copy either way.

It can still be added, but if you attempt to check out it says it's sold out. Same thing happened to my friend last time so he had to buy a copy on Discogs a while later. The 2-pack seems to be sold out now, too.

I wandered to the rarities page earlier and was able to get the last remaining IT gold tape. Can't believe I finally got one and it wasn't on eBay or something.

@Tommy - you are a good soul to remember my desperate, and ongoing search for "IT". I was highly on top of this one and was able to get it I think before the email even went out. I noticed he posted it a couple days ago on the Soild Gold section of the site and have been checking in quite often over the last few days, then went on an F5 spree for most of the morning after seeing the post yesterday until I was able to jump in and get it. 

I might even get desperate and try to trade this for IT after I listen to it just so I can say my ears at least tasted both, while only actually owning one!

1 minute ago, stillalivetui said:

Cool. Missed out on this yet again. Is there any chance digital copies of these albums will be released? 

From the order page

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL SOILD GOLD RELEASES ARE ANALOG ONLY. NO DIGITAL IS DISTRIBUTED IN ANY WAY. LONG LIVE PHYSICAL FORMATS AND TANGIBLE MUSICAL INTERACTIONS!

also, the 4Lp bundle with this, Jeffrey Lewis, Be Gulls, American Monoxide is still being sold, for anyone who missed out.  stinks that its $68 but thats what i went with