[PO] Pinback - Some Offcell Voices

TRR286_Pinback_HI-RES_640x.jpg?v=1484611

HIS IS A PRE-ORDER! ITEMS WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND MARCH 10, 2017!

In the early days of Pinback, they were known mostly as two lauded musicians who spent their spare time away from their primary projects (Three Mile Pilot, Thingy, Heavy Vegetable) to hone their home recording skills while experimenting with ideas, tones, and instrumentation that didn’t quite fit into those primary projects. Pinback hadn’t yet become their day job; it hadn’t yet become a well-oiled 5-piece touring machine; and it had no idea where it was going to go. In retrospect, that earnest curiosity is what makes those earlyPinback recordings so resonant and so unique, and what separated them from every indie rock band of this century. Every bit as powerful and expressive as their first two albums, the 1999 EP, Some Voices, and the 2003 EP, Offcell, famously bucked the perception of EPs as outtakes and toss-offs. What were ostensibly minor stopgaps between albums became massive fan favorites and staples of Pinback’s live show. Having never been released on vinyl, it’s only fitting that we revisit these poignant recordings – and take the opportunity to painstakingly remaster and repackage them into the full-length album that never was, the aptly named Some Offcell Voices.

LIMITED EDITION COLORED VINYL: DARK BLUE W/ ORANGE STREAKS (EDITION OF 1,000)

$18 + shipping for the color variant

https://www.temporaryresidence.com/products/trr286?variant=34274446798

6 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'm waiting until I get paid in a few days to grab this, TR put up two other releases I want at the same time.  They've got so much good stuff coming out in 2017 already!

They really do.  What are you eying at the moment?  I currently have an order open for the new Grails, and another one for those Eluvium + Mono pre-orders that went up a while back.  Could easily snag the new Baskinski and Hauschka while I'm at it, but I'm trying to be a little more selective with my vinyl purchases this year.  Or at least for the start of it.

That being said, I'm really glad you were the one to make this thread.  I can think of no other VC avatar that bears as strong of a resemblance to the art than yours does.

12 minutes ago, levitz said:

ordered. just a reminder of the Mogwai Atomic mockup versus reality. manage your expectations accordingly.

This is remarkably true, and something I can't emphasize enough.  I'm fully prepared to kill the lights and toss a paper bag over my player for the first listen, if it turns out to be some kind of blue-grey putty abomination.

59 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

They really do.  What are you eying at the moment?  I currently have an order open for the new Grails, and another one for those Eluvium + Mono pre-orders that went up a while back.  Could easily snag the new Baskinski and Hauschka while I'm at it, but I'm trying to be a little more selective with my vinyl purchases this year.  Or at least for the start of it.

That being said, I'm really glad you were the one to make this thread.  I can think of no other VC avatar that bears as strong of a resemblance to the art than yours does.

This, Majeure and probaby Hauschka will be my order at the end of the week.  I have Basinski, Grails, Mono and Eluvium pending in two orders as well.  Funny you mention the artwork, I was thinking about how much I like it when posting this.