FS: Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (First Press)

sworph

Hi guys,

You are going to have to forgive my ignorance about this record. I may be wrong, but I do believe this is a first press. The record itself is in great condition and plays well -though is a bit dusty right now. As far as I know this is a valuable record. My friend is in need of funds to help with registration of his vehicle so is is wanting to sell some records. I am going to be posting some pretty awesome stuff over the next week. Most from Fair to Very Good Condition. I would grade this as Good, verging on Very Good condition. The photos I have at the moment are not the best. I just snapped them to help confirm this is the record I think it is. I will clean the vinyl up and post some better photos if I find there is some interest. 

Pictures of the record - http://imgur.com/a/9DfCa

1 minute ago, sworph said:

Are you saying the record is in abundance or suggesting we sell there? Are you able to help confirm if this is actually a first press?

I guess what I was getting at is that the record isnt really worth much, if anything.  Not worth the time trying to sell it.  I mean there might be a pressing of that album that is $$$ but apparently the first is not.

2 minutes ago, Cloudsbelow said:

I guess what I was getting at is that the record isnt really worth much, if anything.  Not worth the time trying to sell it.  I mean there might be a pressing of that album that is $$$ but apparently the first is not.

Looks like I may have got the CAT wrong. This is not the same record? http://www.popsike.com/ELTON-JOHN-RARE-SEALED-2LP-GOODBYE-YELLOW-BRICK-ROAD-1973-1ST-PRESS-UNIPAK-OOP/251371043588.html

Just now, sworph said:

That's okay! There are 150 to go through. Everything from The Beatles to ZZ Top. I will try to have a better eye with the CAT's and see if I can squeeze some funds out for him. 

I suspect that taking them to a local record store and see what they'll give you for them will be the easiest quickest way to get rid of them.  The chances of any gems is low and trying to sell those here (or on discogs) will take forever and net you pennies on the hour.

Just now, Cloudsbelow said:

I suspect that taking them to a local record store and see what they'll give you for them will be the easiest quickest way to get rid of them.  The chances of any gems is low and trying to sell those here (or on discogs) will take forever and net you pennies on the hour.

Great advise. Thank you, we will head down to the local record store this weekend.

3 hours ago, sworph said:

Big difference between a sealed record that is 40 years old and your abused copy