Cheap Girls Broke Up

Read this on friday.   Pretty bummed out.   Buuuuut, I'd much rather have someone healthy and happy than making music and playing shows they no longer care about and potentially puts them in harms way and potentially harming others.   I know they were recording...wonder if that album will ever see the light of day

" Until recently, I lacked the empathy to consider how my actions effected others, and this includes my relationships with women. I've been manipulative, acted in predatory ways, abused the artist-fan dynamic and hurt many people along the way by making them feel unsafe, violated and disrespected. "

I don't like what's being hinted at here. Seems like some people are glossing over that part. Really makes it tough to ever want to listen to his music ever again. 

45 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

" Until recently, I lacked the empathy to consider how my actions effected others, and this includes my relationships with women. I've been manipulative, acted in predatory ways, abused the artist-fan dynamic and hurt many people along the way by making them feel unsafe, violated and disrespected. "

I don't like what's being hinted at here. Seems like some people are glossing over that part. Really makes it tough to ever want to listen to his music ever again. 

Yikes, I only read the first paragraph or so.

1 hour ago, dynamitekid said:

Without knowing any details I wouldn't want to make any assumptions. 

He is admitting he was a bad person but the severity of the actions isn't clear (mental, verbal, physical, sexual) 

22 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

He is admitting he was a bad person but the severity of the actions isn't clear (mental, verbal, physical, sexual) 

This.

i definitely didn't gloss over any of this.  super bummed that he can't do a band and remain clean and sober at once.  not jazzed on the implications of what might've happened.

20 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

You are correct. It's just hard not to make assumptions when their Facebook page (i know, i know. its not a news source but still) has many comments on it of people that can confirm his actions and have specific stories. 

Yeah...yikes. Somewhere in here is a line that isn't super well defined.

at first I sort of read it as him saying he recognizes this behavior in himself and is working to eradicate it. Which, kudos I guess. It's part of learning and growing. But the implication is that he's done something ugly someone else is going to have to live with and that...too much.

i will freely admit that my reading of this was very much colored by my past experiences with Ian and Adam, which have all been very positive.

20 hours ago, steventangent said:

Yeah...yikes. Somewhere in here is a line that isn't super well defined.

at first I sort of read it as him saying he recognizes this behavior in himself and is working to eradicate it. Which, kudos I guess. It's part of learning and growing. But the implication is that he's done something ugly someone else is going to have to live with and that...too much.

i will freely admit that my reading of this was very much colored by my past experiences with Ian and Adam, which have all been very positive.

I mean...I don't want to believe that he's a bad person. But I don't think I can take the side of a person manipulated and acted in a predatory manner toward women. I feel like being supportive of him and ignoring those that were effected is part of the reason why women are afraid to come forward.