PO Soon: Father John Misty - Pure Comedy (March 31, 2017)

34 minutes ago, aaalethalenforcer said:

Cheapest I've seen the deluxe for: $33ppd with coupon code "color" at checkout

https://www.indievinylden.com/collections/pre-order-vinyl/products/father-john-misty-pure-comedy-vinyl-record-loser-deluxe-edition

Only 5 left...

Nice!  I went ahead and ordered this and cancelled my Bullmoose order.  As much as I hate to cancel with BM, the savings combined with the guarantee of the 7", I had to bite on this.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Highs are higher than Honeybear, lows are lower. There are times that it drags because of the excess of similar-sounding piano ballads. That being said, the longest song (Leaving L.A.) is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

So there are songs other than piano ballads?  The few I've heard so far have all been ballads and I was wondering if it would have the diversity of Honeybear.  

33 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

So there are songs other than piano ballads?  The few I've heard so far have all been ballads and I was wondering if it would have the diversity of Honeybear.  

A majority of the record is piano ballads. The 2nd song is really the only faster tempo upbeat sounding song. It's one of those records I feel like you have to sit undistracted and listen to. Not really something I would put on while I work or something

2 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

A majority of the record is piano ballads. The 2nd song is really the only faster tempo upbeat sounding song. It's one of those records I feel like you have to sit undistracted and listen to. Not really something I would put on while I work or something

Can confirm, the three times i had it on while i walked to work it did nothing for me. Sat down on the couch in the dark last night after a few beers, chucked the headphones on, was way better. 

It is not going to please the same way Honeybear did

9 minutes ago, _stretts said:

Can confirm, the three times i had it on while i walked to work it did nothing for me. Sat down on the couch in the dark last night after a few beers, chucked the headphones on, was way better. 

It is not going to please the same way Honeybear did

I only listened once but it was laying in bed, my only distraction occasionally being the internet.

I'm debating on keeping the deluxe order from BM, musically this isn't particularly interesting and subsequently it's falling flat in practically every other aspect for me 

With my current semester I don't have the time to really trudge into this album to force myself to be into it