Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl)

I dig Coheed... The Afterman records were amazing....truly inspired stuff. Color Before The Sun...it's ok.

Coheed's kind of like Deicide...meaning...they always kind of sound the same, but their songs come out ok or awesome.

I don't know.

I was lucky enough to review their last show here in St. Louis and I found the crowd to be just as normal as anybody else. Wasn't upset or thrilled.

I did feel old as balls though.

9 hours ago, Afterman88 said:

Wait! My Brothers Blood Machine is being pressed as well?! Where does it say that? I need links. lol

Edit: Nevermind! Found out for myself. Super excited!

I'm expecting a preorder through Evil Ink soon, but in the meantime Amazon has gold vinyl with diecut sleeve. Plus it's pretty cheapish. I kind of what whatever deluxe version there will be. I love MBBM more than this record. I know, I know.

3 minutes ago, Battra said:

I dig Coheed... The Afterman records were amazing....truly inspired stuff. Color Before The Sun...it's ok.

Coheed's kind of like Deicide...meaning...they always kind of sound the same, but their songs come out ok or awesome.

I don't know.

I was lucky enough to review their last show here in St. Louis and I found the crowd to be just as normal as anybody else. Wasn't upset or thrilled.

I did feel old as balls though.

You're only as old as your own balls (or ovaries, depending). I guess I should go to shows outside New York. Now that I think of it, the crowd wasn't bad back in '03 in ATL. However, they were just opening. 

Well my own balls aren't precisely well, I don't know where I'm going with this.

But I'm 41, so however old you think I am?

The show where I saw them, the crowd was very young. I got in on Coheed and Cambria when the first afterman album was being teased, so Black Rainbow was the first I album I bought. 

I didn't know the fanbase was that young. So, walking around was...different than what I'm used to. :)

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

We must go to very different shows. I've been to Gwar concerts where the crowd was more respectful. I'm not saying I don't enjoy Coheed shows, but there are some real tools at most of them. Must be a regional thing. 

Yup, first show I went to I was probably 24,  I had a few drinks and got in the pit. Had some fun and obviously you're bumping into people who don't want to be in the pit, you try to just brush it off and apologize. Somewhere down the line I must've bumped into the same person more than once and he sucker punched me in the back of the head and started wailing on me when I was on the ground. Now I wasn't trashed drunk but I certainly should've remembered getting back up and finding my friends covered in blood. You don't want to get bumped by people in the pit: move. Its that simple. This was all during Circa Survive so by the time Coheed came on, I was over it and had a great time covered in my own real blood.

Anyway, fuck detroit.

3 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Yup, first show I went to I was probably 24,  I had a few drinks and got in the pit. Had some fun and obviously you're bumping into people who don't want to be in the pit, you try to just brush it off and apologize. Somewhere down the line I must've bumped into the same person more than once and he sucker punched me in the back of the head and started wailing on me when I was on the ground. Now I wasn't trashed drunk but I certainly should've remembered getting back up and finding my friends covered in blood. You don't want to get bumped by people in the pit: move. Its that simple. This was all during Circa Survive so by the time Coheed came on, I was over it and had a great time covered in my own real blood.

Anyway, fuck detroit.

circa crowds are the fucking worst, I'll take a coheed or even BN crowd over circa any day of the week

and I love circa 

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

circa crowds are the fucking worst, I'll take a coheed or even BN crowd over circa any day of the week

and I love circa 

I agree with the Circa assessment. Haven't seen Coheed, but I've seen Brand New and the crowd wasn't bad at all.

Circa, on the other hand, was a mess.

• jhulud locked this topic