Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One [2LP] (150 Gram Splatter Vinyl)

5 hours ago, museummouth said:

People are still going to buy the RSD one. Coheed fans are collectors or everything Coheed. Also no way you'll get 50 unless you're Amoeba.

Meh, I'm not much for buying multiple variants, though I do know many of my friends among the Coheed fanbase who are all about that life.  @Family Friendly Rap God and @Fowty Dollaz are def like that. I hate having multiples of the same album. I am trying to sell my peach tour vinyl of In Keeping Secrets because I also have the 180 gram black. 

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Meh, I'm not much for buying multiple variants, though I do know many of my friends among the Coheed fanbase who are all about that life.  @Family Friendly Rap God and @Fowty Dollaz are def like that. I hate having multiples of the same album. I am trying to sell my peach tour vinyl of In Keeping Secrets because I also have the 180 gram black. 

Ugh I wanna buy that from you but don't know if I should haha

5 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

In addition to this, I love seeing all of the RSD releases already up on eBay and people paying 4X the price for releases they will probably be able to get online at cost if they would just wait.

8 hours ago, Saxonjulin said:

I don't expect we will get 50. We will probably get 5-8 copies. That's was we got allocated deja 2 years ago

You must have a pretty big shop. My store usually hosts a line of at least 500 people before doors and they got 1 Deja.

And yeah, I'll be trying for the RSD one anyway. I have giftcards saved, so that helps justify it I guess. However, if my store only gets 1 or 2 copies then I'll swing in on Sunday to pick through  leftovers.

Even though they didn't mention it in that instagram post, I have a hard time believing they won't have a wider retail release variant that won't be so expensive or come with as many obstacles as the D2C and RSD versions. I'm banking on that because I refuse to deal with any of that bullshit.

Edited by mcpherson123

1 minute ago, Battra said:

Well, if I end up at that tour...

I'll probably end up picking up a tour version.

That's going to be my official line. 

Yeah, I'm not dropping $50 on this album.

Period.

inb4 tour press /500 being sold at $50 – "to deter flippers" – and 30 per night, making it exclusive to VIP tickets and subsequently harder to score than an RSD copy.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

inb4 tour press /500 being sold at $50 – "to deter flippers" – and 30 per night, making it exclusive to VIP tickets and subsequently harder to score than an RSD copy.

That's how the last tour was. I went to IKSSE3 and seems like no one except VIP was able to get the tour press

1 minute ago, Battra said:

My vinyl purchases, for older albums anyway, are for special releases...for Coheed & Cambria...they begin and almost end at The Afterman for me...those albums are amazing...

This one...I was told this is THE C&C record...and it's just kind of...yeah... for me.

$50? Nope.

Wait, so, those Afterman albums outshine Good Apollo in your books?  Is that what I'm trying to comprehend here?

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Wait, so, those Afterman albums outshine Good Apollo in your books?  Is that what I'm trying to comprehend here?

Yes.

The Afterman albums far outshine Apollo for me.

Before the lid flips, a good friend of mine likes to tease me about how I'm a fan of bands'  underdog albums...Kiss's Carnival of Souls, Lou/Metallica's Lulu, etc.

(Not a big enough C&C fan to know if Afterman is underdog or not, but that's when I got on board...well about 6 months before the release of Ascension.)

I still have to listen to the Afterman albums but I'm sure that is an opinion that some people have. GAII wasn't very good for me. Black Rainbow I couldn't even finish once. Color Before The Sun is a fucking joke to me and that's based on the first single. Can't even try to take that album seriously.

1 minute ago, ode to youth said:

What's everyone's problem with this being pressed on white vinyl? I don't really see the problem!

I can see you're a fresh user to VC, so simply put, white vinyl is an ugly choice in 99% of applications – this one not withstanding – and also tends to sound a lot noisier than most presses, in most instances.  There are exceptions to both of these cases but they are greatly shadowed by the undesirable traits.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Those Afterman albums seem to get a fair bit of love on these boards – a true underdog pick would be the newest album.  Or maybe YOTBR.  Opinions are cool but I honestly don't know how or why anyone wouldn't opt for one of their first 3 records.

You know...I've never heard the first two! Hahaha. That's funny. :)

Or the Second Apollo.

I saw the trailer for the first Afterman and that was the first I'd heard of them. So, I picked up Black Rainbow, it was ok, not great, maybe that's why Ascension rang so true for me? 

But those are my faves.

• jhulud locked this topic