Learn Our Crystals

Twist Quest

Shoulders

85 Videos

Zanzibar

Carry Me To Safety

Edited by Tommy

I'm glad that this band exists. 

That being said, let me complain. Why release the closing track as the first single? Closing tracks, especially on Mew albums, are always something to look forward to on that first listen. Weird choice. I never understand why bands release opening and closing tracks as singles.

15 minutes ago, The Saint said:

I'm glad that this band exists. 

That being said, let me complain. Why release the closing track as the first single? Closing tracks, especially on Mew albums, are always something to look forward to on that first listen. Weird choice. I never understand why bands release opening and closing tracks as singles.

I know exactly what you mean.  To be honest, I didn't listen to the song all the way through.  I only listened to a minute or so to get a taste.  

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Looks like there's an indie exclusive with a 3-d cover.  Bull Moose actually emailed me to see if I wanted to switch my pre-order.  I thought that was pretty cool.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24850960/mew-visuals-3d-cover-indie-exclusive-limited-to-750

Seriously, Bullmoose is the best

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Listened to the first few tracks on my iPhone speaker in the shower over the weekend, was underwhelemed.  Giving this some full headphone treatment now, hopefully my opinion chnages

It's got a bit of a darker sound to it than +/-.  I'm still waiting for them to bring back the guitar heavy sound of ATGHK or Frengers but I guess I've learned to stop comparing their recent releases with those 2 because they will probably never be topped.

On the subject of Mew, while browsing Discogs they have a "Live From the Hollywood Palladium" listed as a Promo CD.  It seems like this was a scrapped live album but the track list looks awesome.  Anyone know where to listen to it online?